6 string Baritone options ...?

• Thread starter sifi2112
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
While that's long-scale for PRS standards, I'm positive it doesn't count as a baritone.

Haven't heard many complaints about it, though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
Call me biased, but I honestly think your best bet for the price is the PRS SE Mike Mushok. Awesome specs, 27.7" scale, fixed bridge, and the best finishes hands down :yesway:

I mean, how could you not want this sexy beast
6Oe4S.JPG

:squint:

wyldweasil

7 string Tele's!
Reaction score
I thought the PRS Mushok was a cool guitar while I owned it, just liked the 7 string more when I got it. If it came stock with better pickups, I probably would've held onto it. Was just too lazy and didn't want to put $200+ of pickups into a guitar I eventually ended up selling for $400

DeKay

Caynug
Reaction score
I thought the PRS Mushok was a cool guitar while I owned it, just liked the 7 string more when I got it. If it came stock with better pickups, I probably would've held onto it. Was just too lazy and didn't want to put $200+ of pickups into a guitar I eventually ended up selling for $400

You could always just buy one pickup and change it.. like I did, painkiller in bridge 100€ and thats it, beast guitar.

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
This may or may not be out of your price range - I posted this exact post earlier in response to another dude looking for a baritone.

JP's are my favorite <3

You say 6 Baritone and I think
John Petrucci BFR Baritone

Have you looked at that one?

If you don't love that Piezo tone then you might be a terrorist. Just... just sayin....

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
You could always just buy one pickup and change it.. like I did, painkiller in bridge 100&#8364; and thats it, beast guitar.
I actually did the same thing, but with a JB. The neck pickup is actually a GFS Dream 90, which has a whopping street price of 30usd, but no one would know this unless I told them.:D

Actually I pretty much use GFS for all my neck pickups because I just love how full their pickups sound for the neck on clean (can't speak for high gain shredding applications though as I don't do that kind of thing), so it's either a SD JB/GFS Crunchy PAT or JB/Dream 90 combo for me.

I'm sure GFS makes some good bridge pickups even, but I'm no expert on using their pickups for anything high gain. I remember back in like 2009 or 2010 getting some GFS Crunchy Rails and being very satisfied with them, but I also didn't quite have the ear or desire for good tone back then compared to now, I'd just crank everything to 10 and scoop mids back then. those were dark days. :ugh:

Chalupacabra

Reaction score
I wish ESP would bring back the LTD HB-300 and or the LTD MHB-400/401. That old HB-300 always caught my eye, but I was still sort or afraid of extended scale (dumb, I know) during the time of their actual production. They pop up on the ebay once in an extremely blue moon, but I would really like a new one. Dreamers dream.

')