6 string pickup shootout. No bull, no frills.

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Re read the whole thread becasue I was curious about the alt 8 and damn I really want to try one
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who goes through and rereads this thread LOL. Trying to decide between a Dominion and a Satchur8 for a baritone build since I like the Dominion a lot, but the Satchur8 has this really cool almost P90-ish grind to it and wanted to hear how it held up tuned down.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Pig90 + Granophyre plugin:

Final thoughts on Warpig 90:
The Warpig is already a savage, nasty pickup. The Pig90 is even nastier, since all the fury of the regular warpig is concentrated into a single coil hp90 format. The low end is big and punchy. The mids are relatively balanced and not overly modern/quacky, so the pickup can cover a huge swath of tones with minimal tweaking. There is a nice grindy quality to the midrange when playing extreme metal/trem picking. The highs are very present but not icepicky imo. Overall clarity is better than the regular warpig at the expense of increased noise floor (which is a nonissue with a decent noisegate). Cleans are pretty good. I've been saying this for years but HP90s are the shit for extreme metal, and the Pig90 is one of the standouts among the HP90s I've used in this guitar.

The contact pads on the tripleshot ring I was using for the bridge position have broken off, so I have to wait for another tripleshot ring before I can install the miracle man bridge.

Last edited:

Blahblahblahblah

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just put one of these in my Tele and it doesn’t sound like this. I must have done something wrong 😂
Pig90 + Granophyre plugin:

Final thoughts on Warpig 90:
The Warpig is already a savage, nasty pickup. The Pig90 is even nastier, since all the fury of the regular warpig is concentrated into a single coil hp90 format. The low end is big and punchy. The mids are relatively balanced and not overly modern/quacky, so the pickup can cover a huge swath of tones with minimal tweaking. There is a nice grindy quality to the midrange when playing extreme metal/trem picking. The highs are very present but not icepicky imo. Overall clarity is better than the regular warpig at the expense of increased noise floor (which is a nonissue with a decent noisegate). Cleans are pretty good. I've been saying this for years but HP90s are the shit for extreme metal, and the Pig90 is one of the standouts among the HP90s I've used in this guitar.

The contact pads on the tripleshot ring I was using for the bridge position have broken off, so I have to wait for another tripleshot ring before I can install the miracle man bridge.

')