6505 settings

• Thread starter jamesy_pwd
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jamesy_pwd

.James.
Reaction score
hi, i was having a look through the amp settings thread, and noticed with the 6505 that people have there mids around 7 and bass at like 5 or 6, that would be a lead tone wouldnt it? not a rhythm tone, coz i know the 6505 has very "present" mids, but 7 is alot isnt it... what would be a more rhythmy setting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're looking for tone wise but for rhythm I use the crunch channel with my lows at 8 and my mids and high around 6. I find that the presence doesn't have to be very high on either channel. I also run a ts-9 in front as a boost. My advice would be to start with all of your eq's set at 5 and then slowly adjust each one individually until you find something you're happy with.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
I have the BASS set to 7 the MID at 5 and TREBLE at 6 on the lead channel with a boost and my GAIN at about 5-6.

Also, presence is at 1-2 and resonance is about 6-7.

all boosted with an MXR GT-OD.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
hi, i was having a look through the amp settings thread, and noticed with the 6505 that people have there mids around 7 and bass at like 5 or 6, that would be a lead tone wouldnt it? not a rhythm tone, coz i know the 6505 has very "present" mids, but 7 is alot isnt it... what would be a more rhythmy setting?

That is a rhythm setting.

col

blah.
Reaction score

It all depends on the speakers, I use mine with G12T75's so I bump the mids up a bit to compensate for the scooped speakers. With V30's I could run the mids around 4.

Rotatous

Reaction score
My favorite rhythm settings:

Pre: 3.1 (number, not o'clock)
Lows: 5-7
Mids: 7.1
Highs: 6.1
Resonance: 2-3
Presence: 7.1

I find these settings only sound good if you are a tight player though.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
the 6505 is REALLY straightforward to dial in. just start with the EQ at noon and go from there trusting your ears. settings from other people won't always work, since it depends on the guitar, cab and tuning you're using. When tunin low for example, i prefer cranking up the mids and lowering the bass to retain note definition. when playing in E standard, you'll notice you can get even away sometimes with more scooped mids and still cut through. Use whatever sounds good in the context of the band.

Jogeta

Reaction score
boom!

Attachments

• 6505 Settings.jpg
    6505 Settings.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 82

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Mine:
Pre - 5.5
Lows - 7.5-8
Mids - 3
Highs - 9
Presence - 9

This is for a more "dirty" tone. I play deathcore type stuff with alot of chugging and tremolo parts, so it works out perfectly for me.

sothoth

Reaction score
With od808 as boost and vintage 30
Mine are:
normal gain
pre: 3
bass: 5
mid: 5
high: 4
resonance: 0
presence: depends of room usually 3 or 4

jamesy_pwd

.James.
Reaction score
oh okay thanks, im sorta looking for a parkway driveish sound i spose you could say except using a 7 string lol so like a step lower or whatever

jsousa

Reaction score
the presence should really be kept below 6.5. the higher you dial it beyond that is fizz heaven - very solid state sounding.

Latest posts

')