6505MH or PRS MT-15?

• Thread starter Millul
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Accoun

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What's the tone knob on that like? Standard low-pass or a mid scoop/boost like on Orange Micro Darks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Millul

Reaction score
Idk man I'm really loving this thing. I stopped bothering with the eq in the fx loop because turning up the tone knob makes it less bassy. I've got it set at about 2 o'clock. I was playing it that way for a while. I turned the gain down to about 9 o'clock to keep it tight and not over saturated. Today I plugged the eq pedal into the front and used it as a boost. Holy fuck man. That is an amazing sound and feeling. Super tight. Fucking awesome. And at bedroom volume. Fuck I love this fucking thing. When people were telling me years ago to turn down the gain on the amp just to boost it back up with a pedal, I thought they were fucking retarded. But it's not retarded, it's fucking magic man. I was chugging so much I broke a low e.

Welp, I'll be trying that tomorrow!
I also have an MXR overdrive I want to try with it.

Do you know if the bass thing is only with the Zombie, or also with the other BantAmps? Kinda itching for the Engl voiced one...
And I'm thinking a lot of it is due to the open back cab.

On the "gear odissey" side of things, this evening I ordered a Focusrite Scarlet interface, and a set of KRK monitors - I still don't know if sh%t is about to get real, but sure as hell is getting expensive ahahahahah

Millul

Reaction score
I have a dumb question, and I'll shamelessly post it here: what should I expect, in terms of output (volume) difference between a V30 loaded 1x12 cab (so, 60W at 8 Ohm) vs a 1x10 cab with a 40W speaker?
Played with the same amp/rig, of course.

The 1x10 in question is an Engl cab.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I have a dumb question, and I'll shamelessly post it here: what should I expect, in terms of output (volume) difference between a V30 loaded 1x12 cab (so, 60W at 8 Ohm) vs a 1x10 cab with a 40W speaker?
Played with the same amp/rig, of course.

The 1x10 in question is an Engl cab.
Still too loud for jamming in a little European block flat. I just got rid of a 1w tube head and 1x10 cab.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I mentioned the clean channel being sterile flat and lifeless and being great for metal cleans.

I've found using my eq pedal as a high boost/low cut/level boost makes it into a nice chimey fender clean sound.

Millul

Reaction score
I am actually thinking about getting more Bantamps for different sounds, or their Preamp House.
Still too loud for evening/night time playing, but this thing really sounds good.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I am actually thinking about getting more Bantamps for different sounds, or their Preamp House.
Still too loud for evening/night time playing, but this thing really sounds good.

I would definetely recomend a Bantamp over the MT-15 for home playing. They are meant for that unlike the MT-15, and sound pretty good. A buddy of mine has the Jopi Signature model and I was very surprised at how good it sounded, specially after changing the tube for a NOS Tungsram.

BTW, get the 112 cab. A single 110 cab will sound boxier and "smaller" (duh). Neither will get loud enough to move the speakers properly at bedroom volumes anyway.

')