6vs7 string c tuning

• Thread starter bigboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bigboy

Reaction score
So my 7 is set for tomorrow to be here. I went back to drop C with my 6 string.been in drop b an im over that. So now if I tune my 7 string to match my 6 string id do c for the 6 strings on the 7 an what is the low string? A ,G??? I want the 6 string tone an the added 7 low string to Blend in but give me some chunky tones for my brake downs or whatever. Thank you guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guidedbyechoes

Reaction score
So my 7 is set for tomorrow to be here. I went back to drop C with my 6 string.been in drop b an im over that. So now if I tune my 7 string to match my 6 string id do c for the 6 strings on the 7 an what is the low string? A ,G??? I want the 6 string tone an the added 7 low string to Blend in but give me some chunky tones for my break downs or whatever. Thank you guys

If you want to keep the other six strings in drop C you can tune the B string to G for drop G or A for A standard.

Asphyxia

Reaction score
Drop tuning would be F I believe.
I guess that would be G standard if you don't want to drop the seventh.
Standard tunings are less brutal and should be avoided IMO.:hbang:
That's gonna be a pretty huge string for drop F.
A small price to pay for the sheer brutality that the F will bring.

bigboy

Reaction score
I have a 70 string set . I'll try A an see if it adds or takes away from my song idea. Thank you guys I appreciate it

bigboy

Reaction score
As well as Spawn of Possession and At the Gates :)

At the gates,hmmm . I'm home today I'll check out a few songs/bands. That get's me in the mood to jam.ill use my 6 string tell my 7 string comes later. I'm gonna use the stock strings today to get a feel for the new guitar. Ups comes kinda late 5:30-7:30 pm. So I'm gonna wait to Tuesday morning to put on new strings an do a little setup. I figure I'll try A first an go from there. Stock strings I heard is 9-52 so e with a low B is max. That low B is gonna be like a rubber band lol. It's gonna be bouncing under my fingers like crazy I bet.

bigboy

Reaction score
I gotta get a few bands to check out in standered on a 7. Got a family friend over so it would be rude to go an change my strings.

')