7/8 string kit

• Thread starter paddypat
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

paddypat

Reaction score
hi
could it be possible to find some kit of neck an body in 7,8 strings?
not easy....
Thxs

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyP

Reaction score
Perle guitars has 7 string ibby knock offs. Then there is the warmoth 7...

celticelk

Reaction score
There are a number available on eBay, at least in the US, though I'm a bit skeptical of their quality - the nut width on the one I investigated seemed awfully narrow (1 5/8"?).

Zai

Reaction score
Yeah I bought one of those and they're good if you know what you're doing because there maybe a lot or no major work you have to do to make it look nice. The one I bought the neck pocket was was too big and the neck screw holes were off. I bought the one from musician friendly I believe is they're name, but try the other one that is all maghagony if you're into tone woods! Have fun man!

paddypat

Reaction score
Yeah I bought one of those and they're good if you know what you're doing because there maybe a lot or no major work you have to do to make it look nice. The one I bought the neck pocket was was too big and the neck screw holes were off. I bought the one from musician friendly I believe is they're name, but try the other one that is all maghagony if you're into tone woods! Have fun man!
i didn't find the store..

There are a number available on eBay, at least in the US, though I'm a bit skeptical of their quality - the nut width on the one I investigated seemed awfully narrow (1 5/8"?).
i was skeptical too..

stevexc

Reaction score
With Warmoth you're limited to 2 different body styles and 3 different necks (including a paddle-style) for 7-strings (and no 8s) but it'll probably be the highest quality "kit" you'll be able to find.

A user did a review of a Canadian-based kit company as well, I'll try and find the name but they're supposed to be good quality. Not sure if they do a 7+ though.

Why do you want to do a kit? Just for the experience of building?

celticelk

Reaction score
The other good-quality option would be to buy a neck-through neck from Carvin and do the rest yourself. You might not feel comfortable with that level of woodworking-from-scratch (I'm certainly not), but the workmanship on the neck-and-fretboard will be leagues above what you could possibly expect from a shitty $150 eBay kit.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Avoid the Chinese ones.
I couldn't be arsed building Jem necks for some bodies I have and was going to order a few. I noticed they did fretboards as well so I ordered one of those first.

It looked really nice but the frets were over a mm off scale in places.

Latest posts

')