7 string 26.5 inch scale gig bag

FutureBreed

Reaction score
Hello, so I want to buy this guitar Jackson SLATXSD 3-7 (I cannot paste links here) but i don't know what gig bag to buy. I asked the store for the guitar's dimensions but they couldn't give them to me for some reason, and they said that all of their electric guitar gig bags would be fine for this guitar. Would a standard gig bag do the job? Should I buy one that's over 105 cm (41.3 inch) in length?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
Can you just wait and measure it when you get it?

Some of those gig bags can be pretty tight. I used to have a Schecter avenger, which is just 25.5" scale but on the longer side, body and headstock wise. It barely fit in my "standard" gig bag. I really had to work hard to get the zipper to close over the headstock tip.

FutureBreed

Reaction score
Ok, so after searching on the internet I found on amazon that this guitar length is 106.7 cm (42 inch). Is that standard for a 7 string 26.5 inch scale? Also, on amazon the Ibanez SA160 25.5 inch scale is 113 cm (44.5 inch long), that is pretty long for a 6 string IMO, my 6 string Schecter (24.75 inch scale) is about 102 cm long (40 inch).

Anyway, I can get the guitar first and then the gig bag but I would like to order them both at the same time because of the free transport.

pearl_07

Reaction score
Guitar Center's Roadrunner Roadster gig bag fits my 27 inch scale LTD SCT-607B just fine.