7 string Ball-Bearing trem?????

• Thread starter Rooster
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster

Reaction score
Has anyone found an aftermarket source for a 7 string ball-bearing (as opposed to knife-edge) tremolo.

Over the last 7 years, I've become so disgusted by knife-edge trems that I've blocked all my 7s off and just use the locking nut and fine tuners. I still have a first-year JEM777 (6 string) with a trem. Every time I pick it up I kinda long for a trem on one of my 7s.

Also, has anyone tried one of the new Ibanez ball-bearing trems? For all I know, the may very well suck.

SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster

Reaction score
7 String US Contour Tremolo Chrome > Store > Hipshot Products

Hipshot's bridges use hardened steel bearing points instead of knife edges, but they're still a fulcrum type trem.

The other option is Kahler, which is a full cam/roller trem.

Very nice! Looks like a very high quality trem. I should have said "Locking" trem though. I'm a real sucker for fine tuners.

I had a guitar with a Khaler (many moons ago). I never liked the feel of them. I missed the long flutter time of the Floyd.

Thank you.

SS

I love the Ibby ball bearing bridges!

Cool! I have a call in to "Ed Roman" guitars in Reno. They seem to be able to get anything. He has an in with Ibanez to allow him to get parts, aftermarket.

I'll let you know if he can get those bridges.

SS

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Uh-oh... this thread is about to take a left turn in 3... 2... 1...

Rooster

Reaction score
Hmmm... I've never met the man, nor have I had any dealings with him. :scratch:

If I ever meet him though, I just hope I don't have any kittens with me.

So, what's the deal with Ed? I mean, aside from eating kittens, that is.

SS

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
He lies, rips people off, insults everyone else, has no respect for anything other than himself, dead or alive, and is almost always (read: just slightly more than always, not slightly less) contemptuous.

Rooster

Reaction score
Damn! Sounds like a real prick.

His parts guy was honest, however. He said "No. I can only get those to replace an existing one". So, no dice.

I'll keep looking. Somebody must make one.

SS

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
i already linked you, you can order the zr7 trem from rich(if he has any anyways)

edit: just looked, he doesn't have any, but i'd still email him.

Rooster

Reaction score
i already linked you, you can order the zr7 trem from rich(if he has any anyways)

edit: just looked, he doesn't have any, but i'd still email him.

Ummm...Maybe I'm slow...I just checked private messages and I don't see one with a link. I am kinda new to this forum, so maybe I'm missing something.

Sounds like you may have a lead for me though! COOL!

SS

')