7 String Deathcore Pickups

• Thread starter NotLukasz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NotLukasz

Reaction score
So i'm thinking about getting my first 7 string (a Sterling JP70) but I hear that the pickups on it aren't the greatest, what 7 strings pickups would you suggest for someone who likes to play born of osiris and chelsea grin

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IanCBoss

Reaction score
Lee McKinney from BoO and Dan Jones from Chelsea Grin both use the DiMarzio CrunchLab in the bridge and a LiquiFire in the neck so if you want to sound like them then that is a good place to start.

Also a lot of guys in deathcore use EMG if you're into that sort of thing.

Another popular pickup for this genre is the DiMarzio D-Activator.

So in review CrunchLab/LiquiFire set, D-Activator set, EMG set.

NotLukasz

Reaction score
Lee McKinney from BoO and Dan Jones from Chelsea Grin both use the DiMarzio CrunchLab in the bridge and a LiquiFire in the neck so if you want to sound like them then that is a good place to start.

Also a lot of guys in deathcore use EMG if you're into that sort of thing.

Another popular pickup for this genre is the DiMarzio D-Activator.

So in review CrunchLab/LiquiFire set, D-Activator set, EMG set.

Thanks, I'll search up some reviews and demos on them

Insinfier

Reaction score
According to your profile, your amp is a Roland Cube 20XL. New pickups won't give you that deathcore sound.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
^second.

However, to answer your question, I've had great results using a BKP ceramic Warpig or Dimarzio D-Activator bridge, both with a Liquifire neck :yesway: different flavors of course, but they both get to that sound with ease.

Kharem

Reaction score
I've got miracle man's in my 1527z which is in drop g and they are amazing. Really smooth and chunky without any obnoxious frequencies, my favorite bkp so far.

MarcusProg

Reaction score
I'd listen to the guitar through the amp first, to see how your tone sounds with the guitar. You don't wanna buy pickups when you don't even *need* to replace them. I didn't like the stock pickups in my JP70, but when eq'd just right on the amp, I did get a surprising amount of note separation and clarity, which may not exactly be what you're looking for, but still.

If nothing else, I'd try the CL+LF set.

redlol

Reaction score
save your money dont get a new guitar just down tune whatever 6er you have, spend money on a new amp

NotLukasz

Reaction score
save your money dont get a new guitar just down tune whatever 6er you have, spend money on a new amp

ya im starting to think that would be the better idea, its just that i was going to start saving up for an amp but then my mom didnt want me saving up for guitar stuff, then i was gunna save up for a 7 and i had a good "pitch" to convince my mom to let me get it, but thennn i decided to get a car and i thought after i get the car id get the 7 first, but if me and my friend start writing songs and decide to gig then i think i'd be better off going for a good amp and play with my 6 after i buy a car

NotLukasz

Reaction score

kuz i get 20 dollars a week allowance and ive been applying for jobs since may and if i get a car i can apply to places further away ad i wont have to worry about waiting a whole year to save up enough money to get 1 piece of gear

')