7 string dilemma

• Thread starter Soulthief
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Soulthief

Toch maar vertalen?
Reaction score
So I want to buy a new 7 string but I just don't know wich one...
I'm ended up with 2 potential guitars, LTD MH-417 and a Ibanez RGD 2127z

I like both guitars, although i'm not a big fan of trems 'cause I can't get them to stay in tune although so far i couldn't get the ibanez out of tune.... so that's a good thing.

The LTD.. well i do like what i've seen so far but didn't had the opportunity to really try one out.

So I would like some tips/advise from you.

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stresspill

Sig Addict
Reaction score
Depends on what tunings you wanted to use. Obviously with the Ibby you've got a floating trem so tuning becomes a big issue unless you block it up, but if you do the extended scale comes in extremely handy for lower tunings. The LTD of course can be tuned willy nilly due to lack of trem but has a standard scale, and I've found Ab and lower on the bottom string can become a bit unstable on standard scale. Personally, I'd go for the LTD based on looks and the fact I have no use for a trem, not to mention the price difference, but like I say it depends on what you'd be using it for. Good luck dude :)

Soulthief

Toch maar vertalen?
Reaction score
Well the tuning will be Bb and i don't change my tunings that much.. besides that i always have my other 7 then to tune different. Also, the price diffrents doesn't bother me.. i just wanna have a good guitar and not a guitar i that need a lot of maintenance cause it was just to cheap to be good.. if you know what i mean???

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
another difference between the 2 guitars is the pickup options that come with it (i know Stresspill forgot this bit of info, so im kinda filling the crack for him)
the ESP/LTD MH-417 has an EMG 81-7/707 combo while the RGD has its stock Ibanez pickups
some guys say the stock pickups on the Ibanez sound pretty good in some cases, but most recommend a pickup swap

megano28

7 String Newbie
Reaction score
')