7 string dimarzios. Help.

• Thread starter WFD
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WFD

Metal.Technicity.XXX
Reaction score
Hello Guys. how are you??

I decided to part ways with my PAF 7 set i have on my Ibanez S7320 because they are better than the stock AH pickups but not really what im loking for. the bridge could still stay but it is not my cup of tea at all so im searching for new pickups and i want dimarzios even though i know there are better ones .

i did a research and i liked some specific models and thats my doubt. i didnt find enough clips of them so thats why im posting it. i found some clips but none that i liked.

Bridge options: Evolution. D activator. Blaze Custom. and maybe the Drop Sonic. I didnt list the petrucci signature combo because im not REALLY a fan of his tone. and the eq just doesnt sound like what im Looking for.

i want tight and Deep Bass and bass middles.. more or less 5 or 6 . Crunching Middles 6 or 7. Hot but not fuzzy or harsh High Middles and Highs. open , hot and singing sound if possible. 7 or 8 . and high output.

I had a previous experience with a Evolution - paf pfo neck in a 6 string jackson that i have and i liked it a lot. thats why i choose the evolution in the first place. but the D Activator .. i just heard too much good things about it. but also not a good clip out of it.

For the neck : Air Norton .
i want a Really smooth and velvet SInging neck tone with moderated/high output. Smooth but slightly tight and articulated bass and bass middles i would say 6 or 5.5. Smooth but not scooped or reduced middles. i would say Balanced. 5.5 or 6 .
And Warm, smooth , and Singing high middles and HIghs.
Output moderated. and a VERY good clean sound . thats important cause with all those demanding on the bridge pickup.. i think the clean sound wont be that great in the bridge and i honestly dont need a top class clean pickup in the bridge.

what do you guys recommend?
i Play Extreme metal. mix between Death/with Thrash metal + some tech articulations and thrash metal flavour to it. i also play slower things and all of them are heavy and with Full Distortion.

right know i currently own no amp but i plan on getting a small 40 watts custom all tube head to use with a analog distortion pedal. or buy a 40 or 50 watts tube amp like the 5150 or something like that. i use wah and delay mostly as effects.

heres my previous bands
Rest In Disgrace (New Layout & EP OUT NOW) | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos
Thyresis | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos.
my sound is more like the Rest in disgrace tone.
the best tone i acchieved SO FAR is here on my video with a 81 in the bridge of a schecter avenger. and a 5150...

Hails and thanks for the info in Advance.
JP
:shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WFD

Metal.Technicity.XXX
Reaction score
i already checked this clip and subscribed to him but i didnt like the clip .but ill check again

WFD

Metal.Technicity.XXX
Reaction score
I was thinking about it also.
resuming : Bridge - Tight and deep bass and bass middles. Crunchy and Spicy Middles. And hot And proeminent highs and high middles. high output and should be able to handle massive amounts of distortion. good for both rhythm and solos. i dont care for the clean sound but.. it cant be a fucking crap . ahahaha .
and the neck is totally Opposite : Smooht Smooth and velvelty sound. Singing , velvety , smooth and open Highs. Moderated but NOT AND NEVER scooped middles. also smooth. Bass slightly tight. just a tad . and equally smooth.
i want the smooth singing machine for the neck. i would call it the Red Lady. ahahahahahah
output moderated. not high but not vintage. 14 or 16 are enough.

still liquifire neck?
can you guys describe the blaze custom. drop sonic for me ? and maybe do some clips?
i also would love to hear the air norton in the neck and the liquifire.
thank you VERY Much for the replies.

WFD

Metal.Technicity.XXX
Reaction score
i Ended up switching the D Activator and keeping the air norton.
but im yet to get the d activator since it was a last minute change.
the air norton is already here with me.

WFD

Metal.Technicity.XXX
Reaction score
I'm currently using the DA/AN combo in my RG1527. Loving it.

Can you link me with some audio and/or video clips of it?
i bought the D Activator bridge and air norton and i already put everything together but the soldering iron is FUCKED UP ahahaha im going out to buy a new one today.
when i come back ill try to finish the installation
Q:p

')