7 string emgs

• Thread starter goalie39
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

goalie39

Reaction score
does anybody know if they still manufacture emg 81-7's

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

goalie39

Reaction score
does anyone have good pics of an s7 with emg's
what works better with an s7 emg's or blackouts

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
depends on what you think sounds better, there are a lot of threads about the two

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
I prefer blackout pickups but sometimes they are just not dirty enough. Of course getting a pickup to sound dirty is easier than cleaning its sound so think about what you want.

BigFlannel

Reaction score
When deciding between the two, remember that blackouts were designed for more aggressive styles, they're made to be more thick and growling. Emg707's and 707tw's are more versatile in my opinion, if you know how to work a volume/tone control they can clean up very nicely, then kick on your distortion and they scream. I love my 707tw's, but blackouts are great too. It comes down to whether you play strictly metal, or if you enjoy clean passages as well.

Bygde

Reaction score
Also remember (if you're putting them in an S7) that EMG's requires routing, which Blackouts don't (if you choose the right model)

BigFlannel

Reaction score
Also remember (if you're putting them in an S7) that EMG's requires routing, which Blackouts don't (if you choose the right model)

Very true, which give you two options if you do go with the emg's. Either pay more to a tech to rout it, and install them unless you can do it yourself, Or break out the flat-head screwdriver and a rubber mallet:hbang:

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I've thought about replacing my 707 in the bridge with one of those. I think from what I've read the 85-7 is too similar to the 707. Let us know what you think about it if you get it.

')