7-string-faster than 6?

• Thread starter anarchistwar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

anarchistwar

Reaction score
i don't know if anybody else feels this way but i think that i'm actually faster on my 7 than on other 6's........

and the larger neck just fits my hand better, i don't have exceptionally large hand or anything, just less grabby thumb over the top of the fret board........

i guess while i'm at it. does anybody else ever want to play bass, i keep going back and forth between bass and guitar.........

:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Papa Shank

Be-otch
Reaction score
I find the neck profile plays a bigger part of how "fast" the neck feels rather than the neck width. I've got a thing for low frequencies so yeah, I do dig bass although atm I don't play it.

anarchistwar

Reaction score
so like the flat ibanez wizard necks? flatter = faster (for some people)

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
i find that my ibanez 7's feel faster than my ibanez 6's, or any of my 6's for that matter...

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, before I got my 1527, I had played on a friends 7321... that neck was really thick and beefy, like an LP, and it was slow as fuck, so I thought I was in deep shit... but the thin 7 neck on the 1527 actually improved my playing.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I play 5-string bass, 7-string and 6-string guitar, and so far the only difference I've noticed between 7-string and 6-string as far as speed is that my 6-string is set up really poorly and the action's too high.

Digital Black

Reaction score
anarchistwar said:
i don't know if anybody else feels this way but i think that i'm actually faster on my 7 than on other 6's........

and the larger neck just fits my hand better, i don't have exceptionally large hand or anything, just less grabby thumb over the top of the fret board........

i guess while i'm at it. does anybody else ever want to play bass, i keep going back and forth between bass and guitar.........

:hbang:
I noticed that first time I put my hands on one..I played guitar for years, but never tried a 7. First time I treid one, I bought it.:hbang:

Roland777

Reaction score
David said:
yeah, before I got my 1527, I had played on a friends 7321... that neck was really thick and beefy, like an LP, and it was slow as fuck...

Huh? Granted, the neck is marginally slimmer on a 1527, but the 7321 is by no means whatsoever slow. You've been spoiled. :fawk:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I can play Cliffs Of Dover way faster and cleaner on a 6 but as far as anything else, Im faster on a 7 because I have grown accustomed to it and playing a 6 feels weird.

Now, my friend's Fender Tele...the neck on that thing, you can do just about anything fast on that guitar.

')