7 String Humbucker Twang?

• Thread starter Metahedron
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metahedron

((952)³ + (-951)³)
Reaction score
Alright folks, I want a no nonsense sharp blade in my music. What's the brightest, twangingest humbucker out there for 7 string guitars?
I like the Seymour Duncan JB, but I was wondering if it goes any further. Or if there are any less expensive alternatives.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
Dimarzio D Activator Neck model in the bridge is what you're looking for based on that description, no doubt! It has turned my mahogany RG7 into the brightest guitar i own. go for it!

Metahedron

((952)³ + (-951)³)
Reaction score
Is the D Activator 7 brighter than the Dunacn JB?
I'm really seduced by the option of buying a pair in white. If so, I think that might be the one.

Metahedron

((952)³ + (-951)³)
Reaction score
I should specify, I play pretty clean. I don't mind if the pickup adds a little dirt, but I'm not aiming for that Meshuggah tone.

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
The D Actviator NECK model (imperitive! the one you usually put in the NECK) is the brightest pickup i've used. It rules so hard. Insane clarity.

EdgeCrusher

Reaction score
Just buy the Agile Texan T7 7 string tele guitar, that thing sounds seriously awesome! Twang for days!

Otherwise Ive found the Dimarzio D-Sonic has a good amount of single coil-like snap to the attack, with a good amount of mids and highs.

bzhan1

Banned
Reaction score
D sonic is snappy but I had to turn the treble way up

I thought those lace pickups were the consensus brightest pickups

')