7 string ibanez-like project

• Thread starter SanekN
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SanekN

Reaction score
some new photos, lacquer, assembling, but so much fretwork to make... Not finished yet. Sorry for shitty quality, it's the night here and my hands aren't stables enough =D

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
dude, that is some sick work, i would have def been all over this guitar with black stain back in the day when i had both an ESP and an Ibanez

SanekN

Reaction score
thanx dudes! =) i just played the thing (not connected to the amplifier, just some simle accords). I have a feeling this will sound damn good. Some playing tame and the guitar have started to vibrate with notes, sweet, sustain increase and the acoustic volume too! Some hard playing for one month and this will be perfect.
Finally it wasn't that bad for the frets, I have just two dead spots in the end of fingerboard...
Some shitty spots in the lacquer to repare too

Damn i freaking wanna to leave this axe to myself lol

Ruins

Reaction score
absolutely awesome work! i dig the design and the simplicity.
i would love to hear some sound samples as soon as possible :)

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
This is turning out to be quite the awesome axe, man. One day I will attempt a build as ambitious as this. I absolutely love that lower horn scallop.

Joe Harvatt

Reaction score
Incredible looking guitar, man. You have an eye for detail; I love that the control cavity is circular and the rounded asymmetric neck join.

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
Looks really good dude. Im planning on doing that exact same thing with the cut on the lower horn on the build im working on. Pretty much custom 24 inspired.

Yaris

Beaver Sack #2
Reaction score
:eek: That looks freakin' amazing, dude. I'd pay a lot of money for that.

SanekN

Reaction score
Thanx to you people! Maybe in near future I will make some of this for sale, not shure yet, but very probably!

SanekN

Reaction score
Hello guys! I have a fu..ing problem - truss rod broken when I was setting up the axe... But stucked just in right position so... I dont know what to do now. Anyway, made some fret leveling, but not enough, it still have a little buzz on 16-19 frets.

Made a little video for test

Levi79

Reaction score
That's really unfortunate dude. Are you sure it's busted? How do you know? You might just have to really wrench it or turn it the other way and turn it back again. It's a good idea to test your truss rod before putting it in your neck. I didn't with my first build and now I'm sketched out about it :lol: You can test it by putting the non adjustable end in a vice and turning the rod. If it works like it's supposed to then put it in! Definitely will be doing that on my next builds.

SanekN

Reaction score
Yeah sure man =) The head of the truss rod just went away when I turned it... But it was really tight. BTW! I just gave this to the guy. He was very pleased with the sound of the thing. Some photos :

Latest posts

')