7 string Jazzmaster ideas

• Thread starter timbryant99
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

areyna21

Reaction score
This is basically perfect to me aside from the Floyd rose. Wish esp would do something like this in the US. This guitar came out in 2006 from Edwards e-7-90jg.

313524A5-389A-4595-8836-449549927033.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion, and this probably goes for most Fender designs, that the pickguard is really what sets the shape off.

Halowords

Reaction score
I'm of the opinion, and this probably goes for most Fender designs, that the pickguard is really what sets the shape off.

Probably because I grew up playing Gibsons, Hamers, and Heritage guitars, I've not been a fan of the pickguard. That said, I do love my G&L ASAT Bluesboy (Telecaster style guitar), I mean LOVE it, so it has been growing on me. But I could live comfortably with it either way.

-Cheers

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I mocked a couple up on Halo a while back... this one's pretty out there but I love it:

7-string version of this would be killer.

To be honest, I'd kinda like to see a 7-string JM with more conventional features - certainly the same pickups, which actually sound killer for high-gain stuff. The trem could be cool too... stock JM bridges are awful though.

areyna21

Reaction score
I kinda like a mixture of the two different styles of vintage and modern.

36A9AFFC-E2D2-4FCB-829F-0E802E317924.png

4914CD33-DC22-4987-8665-AA4D0807FF0D.png

ellengtrgrl

Reaction score
I love the jazzmaster/jaguar body shape and I say go for it. I personally would like to see a solid color (that example of one you got is something I would probably get) and get a standard scale length for the 7th string.

+1

I like the Fender offsets, and at the present time, have one of Fender's 50th Anniversary Jaguar Thinlines. I also used to have a CP Jazzmaster. So yeah, a 7-string Jazzmaster seems way cool to me. P90s would work great, and if somebody could do up 7-string versions of the regular Jazzmaster pickups (though admittedly, considering the oddball nature of 7-string Jazzmaster pickups, they would probably be pretty expensive), that would be even cooler.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Had a dream last night that I bought a 30" scale Jazzmaster 7 string. Off-white, tortoiseshell pickguard, chrome-covered pickups, bound fretboard, block inlays, TOM bridge, tophat knobs (1 vol 1 tone), three switches, satin finish.

It was glorious, and perfect. I woke up so bummed realizing that it doesn't exist.

')