7 String JEM Bodies

• Thread starter Sims Custom Shop
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Btw I love your quote under your username.

A14.jpg

Sutherland-body-snatcher-1.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kingpinMS3

dumb, but harmless
Reaction score
A13.jpg

Hey I got an idea, lets argue about it for 3 more pages!!!

again, it doesn't matter if i was ok with it or not. the only reason i said that is because i wanted my body. you still fucked up my spec.

like i said, it's whatever patrick. I hope you take this as a learning experience to not treat your customers like shit.

Btw I love your quote under your username. It really speaks volumes!

A14.jpg

that's a quote from "An Evening with Kevin Smith". it must suck to get called out so hard that you have to resort to making a dumb statement like that.

psywaltz

Psywaltz
Reaction score
Hi pat, whats about my refund? or are you willing to built me the body and neck combo? you had time to argue three sites with a customer, but you´ve had no time, to answer my PM?

i`m a really patient person, but i´m waiting for a year now!!

kingpinMS3

dumb, but harmless
Reaction score
wow, what a load of bullshit.
Sorry to see you're not getting your body Kingpin
it's whatever. patrick needs to learn to grow up and handle his business like a business. i'd rather not have my body than give him one cent of my hard earned money after the way he's treated me and many of you.

And patrick, i'm not going to let this go until you've cleared up all your loose ends on this forum. funny enough, people are starting to PM me just like myself and others PMed shannon. this isn't an isolated case.

BurialWithin

NAM SAND!!
Reaction score
My 2 cents . Patrick has kept in contact with me enough to let me know whats going on. I realize that he's really busy and has tons of work to do from bodies, paint jobs, custom guitars and so on so i knew i was gonna wait a while. He's told me a couple of times it should be ready to ship out by X date so i'm wondering what happened ??? but, like he said, he won't ship it out until its 100% done. I 'd rather receive it completely done than have something wrong with it. The only thing that bums me out is that i wanted the body before i went on tour this friday so i could have a killer axe to slay with!!!!

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just noticed this thread has escalated into a shit slinging affair which undoubtedly will be handled by the Mods. I will be reading what has happened and whether this can continue to occur on here.

:yoda:

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
I feel i should also chime in that i haven't had any problems with Sims, either. I am very excited to be getting my body soon and will post pics and a review when i get it!

Kingpin, i can understand being upset that the body wasn't on its way when he said it would be... but its nothing worth flipping a shit over and starting a public shitstorm. its not as if you paid him, then he just took your money and ran off or something.

should Sims have said your body was ready to be shipped when it wasn't? No, that isn't fair to you. But is something like that worth flipping out over? No way, man. have a little patience. you were getting a custom made body for a crazy low price, and you hadn't even waited that long at all. we placed our orders at about the same time.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
But is something like that worth flipping out over? No way, man. have a little patience. you were getting a custom made body for a crazy low price, and you hadn't even waited that long at all. we placed our orders at about the same time.
thats kinda how i feel about it aswell. for the price and time frame we are talking, who else could have done that for you? im not trying to tell anyone that they were wrong, but like i said, for that price and timeframe, try to find it somewhere else. its basically non existant

kingpinMS3

dumb, but harmless
Reaction score
I feel i should also chime in that i haven't had any problems with Sims, either. I am very excited to be getting my body soon and will post pics and a review when i get it!

Kingpin, i can understand being upset that the body wasn't on its way when he said it would be... but its nothing worth flipping a shit over and starting a public shitstorm. its not as if you paid him, then he just took your money and ran off or something.

should Sims have said your body was ready to be shipped when it wasn't? No, that isn't fair to you. But is something like that worth flipping out over? No way, man. have a little patience. you were getting a custom made body for a crazy low price, and you hadn't even waited that long at all. we placed our orders at about the same time.

i don't like being lied to, end of story.

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
well sure, man, nobody does! you'll likely never run into anyone who enjoys it.

but it isn't worth publicly slandering someone's business/livelyhood over. you were going to get your body, just not when he first said. not a huge deal.

kingpinMS3

dumb, but harmless
Reaction score

but it isn't worth publicly slandering someone's business/livelyhood over. you were going to get your body, just not when he first said. not a huge deal.

it's never ok to lie to customers.
i'm done discussing this.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score

Just an innocent bystander here, but I'd say "The customer is always right" comes into play. As an outsider, I see a businessman who says that he's too busy to communicate accurately with his customers and who is arguing with his customers. If you walk into any business and have a concern about what they're doing, 99% of the time they will listen and try to rectify the situation, not argue. And, as someone who has been burned by guitar makers/dealers in the past, I think it's very important that these issues get aired publicly, because I want to know who I'm dealing with before I pull the trigger on something. i.e. if Sims Custom shop typically is not known for constant communication, quick turn arounds, or accurate ship dates, that is information I want to know. It's not fair to those of us who have no business history on here to only see good news (NGDs, etc) and have the bad news buried in PMs and private emails. I'm on here because I want to learn from everyone else! Mistakes or successes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts