7-string Megadeth

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Besides Marty DID write a couple songs, and contributed lots more. Those part of Trust that Chris & Dave are playing on that video was written by Marty as the closest example :)

Finally, I don't think any Jag-Panzer album is even close to Youthanasia or Cryptic Writings. But I know most people (metal music listeners) would think it's not as good if it's not as metal :)

Whoa, wait a second...there are albums after Rust in Peace? :scratch:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
17.jpg

I see Engl cabs. Dave must really think highly of Chris, usually everyone who walks in that door uses the same amp and cabs as Dave.

I also see that only goes so far, since he is standing back behind the stacks. When we played with Nevermore, he was practically crawling into the front row. He loves interacting with the fans.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^Just wait until Chris inevitably leaves, you just know Dave will say something like "Yeah, Chris was entirely competent at playing all those solos I wrote":lol: Oh well, at least he seems to be trying to keep his ego in check these days...

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
^^Just wait until Chris inevitably leaves, you just know Dave will say something like "Yeah, Chris was entirely competent at playing all those solos I wrote":lol: Oh well, at least he seems to be trying to keep his ego in check these days...

Yeah. i saw an interview where he said he sang the solos to the guitarists. I'd like to hear dave sing the solo for Tornado of Souls. If he can do that, i'll give him... well... I'll give him an inverted cross.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Finally, I don't think any Jag-Panzer album is even close to Youthanasia or Cryptic Writings. But I know most people (metal music listeners) would think it's not as good if it's not as metal :)

I can think of about 200 things that are better than post RIP megadeth that aren't metal.

Jim Antonio

Playa from Manila
Reaction score

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when Dave said in an interview that he wrote Glen's solos in "United Abominations". I was and still am a huge Dave/Megadeth fan but after reading that, I was convinced that Dave truly has gone nuts! :nuts:

Still, I hope he continues to write more aggressive songs and give Chris some creative input. If Dave let Glen co-write one song ("Never walk alone.."), he should do the same to Chris. :agreed:

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah. i saw an interview where he said he sang the solos to the guitarists. I'd like to hear dave sing the solo for Tornado of Souls. If he can do that, i'll give him... well... I'll give him an inverted cross.

I'd also like to hear him explain why Marty's solos with Cacophony and his solo stuff were all in exactly the same style he played in while he was in Megadeth. I mean, can you imagine this scenario?!

[Phone rings]
DAVE: Hello...
MARTY: Dude, I'm completely stuck on this solo!! Mike Varney's gonna kick my ass if I don't finish this album soon!!!
DAVE: OK, OK, calm down, just lemme think for a second...
[Hums exotic melody derived from the Kumoi pentatonic, a flurry of quintuplets from the Ritsuen scale, a chromatically enhanced blues lick, and finishes with a long multi-position arpeggio to cap the whole thing off...]
Just play that and you'll be fine.
MARTY: Wow, thanks Dave!! Where would I be without your genius!
DAVE: Don't thank me boy, thank the Lord!

Holy Katana

Wait, what?
Reaction score
The people who say Dave has never downuned clearly don't know about about Youthanasia. Sure, it's only in Eb, but it still gives it a much different sound.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's a bit of a paradox we find ourselves in now. No matter what Dave does now, he'll never be able to win by lots of people here.

Sad, isn't it? :\

I still think Dave's a great player and songwriter, and has written some of the best metal out there. Good on Chris for a great situation, and I hope it works out for the best.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
The people who say Dave has never downuned clearly don't know about about Youthanasia. Sure, it's only in Eb, but it still gives it a much different sound.

True fact.

And it sounds really good in Eb.

And I think Secret Place from Cryptic Writings is in D if I´m not mistaken.

Hawksmoor

Wannabe Shredder
Reaction score
Sad, isn't it? :\

I still think Dave's a great player and songwriter, and has written some of the best metal out there. Good on Chris for a great situation, and I hope it works out for the best.

Bias is the current opium to the masses:wallbash:

At least I can still pretend to stick to my guns as I have never been woed by MD anyways, and have always thought that DM comes over as a bit of a ... twat.
I'm only woed by Chris in this whole affair.:wub:

')