7 String noob...Tunning Help

selkies24

Reaction score
I think i saw a similar thread about this same issue. I just got a LTD SC-207. My band plays our songs in Drop C. I wanna play a bit lower but my bassist doesn't wanna tune any strings up. He is tuned in ACGCF. I would prefer a dropped tunning so that i wouldn't have to transpose the songs.

Does ACGCFAD or GCGCFAD work ?

Ive very new to this so i would GREATLY appreciate the support of the sevenstring community.

Im happy to finally sign up to this place:)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
Any tuning can 'work' as long as you can write songs around them.

selkies24

Reaction score
Would I have to transpose or adjust the songs in any way? Would A and C work together like C and G do? If that makes anysense haha. Really appreciate the help guys!

kris_jammage

Reaction score
I have both my sevens tuned to GCGCfad, there is never a problem tuning the guitar to that as far as tension(once ya have the right strings) or set up(once its set up correctly for the strings and tuning) goes, if that is your question?

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
tell your bassist to suck it up and tune however you like. after all... he IS the bassist. so make him tune to you!

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
tell your bassist to suck it up and tune however you like. after all... he IS the bassist. so make him tune to you!

Why bother even tuning the same as the guitar anyway? Sounds like lazy follow along time if you NEED to. :lol:

Latest posts

')