7 String Primarily in Drop C (not what you think)

• Thread starter DrewsifStalin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Does this make sense?

• Yes, it would be good.

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • No, it would be awkward.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Absolutely not, you're retarded

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

DrewsifStalin

LOLKATYPERRYGUY
Reaction score
I'm considering selling my 6er Xiphos which i keep in D standard/ Drop C and buying a 7 string (havnt decided what yet) and putting it in A standard and drop G with a Dropped C. sometimes just drop G. would that be awkward?

Opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
The other two guitarists in my band play 6ers in Drop-C, whilst I play on a 7 in ACGCFAD. Works a treat!

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm considering selling my 6er Xiphos which i keep in D standard/ Drop C and buying a 7 string (havnt decided what yet) and putting it in A standard and drop G with a Dropped C. sometimes just drop G. would that be awkward?

Opinions?

No, it'll be great! One of my favourite tunings is exactly what you're describing, just up a semitone, i.e. Drop C# with a low G#. It's a really versatile tuning.:)

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
nah dude that would be fine, as you'd have both drop C bar chords and G standard power chords available.

I find G to be too low, but if you do find that you like it, try Strapping Young Lad tuning - G C G C G C E.

I've tried it and it's hella fun :)

hope this helps.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
There's always open C+low G

GCGCGCE

Problem solved. Lots of cool stuff you can do in open C, too. But eitherway, double drops work just as good.

DrewsifStalin

LOLKATYPERRYGUY
Reaction score
nah dude that would be fine, as you'd have both drop C bar chords and G standard power chords available.

I find G to be too low, but if you do find that you like it, try Strapping Young Lad tuning - G C G C G C E.

I've tried it and it's hella fun :)

hope this helps.

daaaamn

that's some trippy tuning right there.

Thanks guys!

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
I play my 7 in drop C with a dropped G on the bottom, its kinda weird but it works fairly well.

')