7-string PRS, Fender, martin

• Thread starter seven skrang
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Toshi Iseda and Malmsteen are the only Fender 7's I've seen. Go to Toshiiseda.com to see his. It's ugly. Malmsteen's is cool though.
I saw a PRS 7-string on E bay plus here.
Martin? Dont know.
:)

kovachian

not banned at all
Reaction score
Martin makes a 7 string, the Roger McGuinn model. And as with most Martins, it's priced way out of the hands of the working man. Nice guitar nonetheless.
HD-720Roger20McGuinn_f.jpg

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
kovachian said:
Martin makes a 7 string, the Roger Quinn model. And as with most Martins, it's priced way out of the hands of the working man. Nice guitar nonetheless.
HD-720Roger20McGuinn_f.jpg
That is pretty cool. Now that I think of it, I have seen that but I thought it was just doubled on the G string.

kovachian

not banned at all
Reaction score
And too bad Martin took the easy way and just doubled the G string. Makes it look like a halfass lazy attempt at a 12 string.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, the Martin is a brand new model. For those who know Roger McGuinn, his main instrument of choice is an electric 12-string. He designed the Martin. In essence, he says the double G gives the jangly sound of a 12-string, but you can still play fingerplucked passages on a 6-string...thus, a hybrid.

On PRS: As I've mentioned in other threads, a friend of mine dropped $11K on a custom-built PRS 7-string. I've yet to see it (because he never brings it to gigs), but when I do, expect a review.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
:eek: That's the Maestro you're talking about!

Maestro of deez nuts.
That dude is indeed a tool. He's kinda got the toshi iseda thing going on , but he thinks he invented the 7 string. lol

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not about to inflate his ego with that Maestro shit. He's Alex "P.o.S." Gregory to me :lol:
He thinks he invented more shit than Dick Dale thinks he invented. And Dick Dale thinks he invented the wheel.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
eleven59 said:
In my opinion Fender hasn't yet made a decent looking 7-string.
Malmsteen's is cool though. It's just like his signiture 6 except 7-strings....

SevenatoR

Seven String Slinger
Reaction score
That PRS is the shit. I've seen two for sale on E-Bay in the last couple of years. One was a prototype that looked a lot like that pic Flobanez posted. The other was made for then (and now again) Limp Bizkit guitarist Wes Borland, but he never took delivery of it or something....I'd love to get my hands on one tho.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Flobanez said:
Malmsteen's is cool though. It's just like his signiture 6 except 7-strings....

Got any pictures? Because most Fender 7-strings I've seen look really strange.

Though I did like the Squier Fat Strat 7 (can't seem to find a decent pic of it though, so here's a double fat strat 7)

squierdfsht7pbeggbg.JPG

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
You know, the one I played was actually rather decent for the price. I should have grabbed it, it was gone the next time I went into the shop I tried it out in. At like $250, I can't blame whever bought it.

-D

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
eleven59 said:
Got any pictures? Because most Fender 7-strings I've seen look really strange.

Though I did like the Squier Fat Strat 7 (can't seem to find a decent pic of it though, so here's a double fat strat 7)

squierdfsht7pbeggbg.JPG
Here ya go....man I hope I dont get shit for this. :wallbash:
:) This is one ugly Fender 7-string by the way. :cool:

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Is that beauty yours, Shawn?

'cause if it is, I don't know how many jokes I could tell. It'd be like that scene in the 3rd Austin Powers movie when he gets to go off about the mole on Fred Savage's face.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:lol:Nice one, Vince. That was a funny scene too....

No it's actually Toshi Iseda's (what guitar doesn't he have-lol).
I personally think it's ugly. I have a picture of Malmsteen's in a Guitar World magazine.
I dont have a scanner though. Im going to try to look for it online. :)

')