7 string replacement trapeze tailpiece?

• Thread starter focusbob
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

focusbob

Reaction score
I've scoured the internet, and although there are many 7 string archtop guitars with trapeze tailpieces out there, I cannot find a replacement trapeze tailpiece for a 7 string guitar anywhere! Here's a 6 string example.

Thin_Body_Trapeze_Tailpiece.jpg

Anyone know where I can find this for a 7? I should note, I have been able to find some extremely expensive carved ebony 7 string trapezes, but I'm not looking to spend $200 on a tailpiece.

Thanks.

ShiftKey

SS.org irregular
Reaction score
Perhaps get a new retainer(?) plate made with 7 holes and just bend the prongs a little wider? doesnt look too complicated :)

Edit:- Assuming you have one for a 6 string or can just buy one..

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

baffled

Reaction score
Hey man sorry to bother you but how did you do that? I can't see it to well. I really would appreciate it if you could sort of walk me through it. Thank you

baffled

Reaction score
Hey man I hate to ask. But just how did you do that? I only have a few tools. I would really appreciate it if you got back with me. I'm just an old man with out a clue. ;)