7 string riffs that make you lose it

• Thread starter Clydefrog
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shooter

Drinkin' a Pizza
Reaction score
You're probably gonna hate me, but Korn-Here to Stay. That riff is what made me first pick up a guitar.

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
The awesome-ness that is the intro riff of Scumgrief and the breakdown-chorus of "Lifeblind", both by Fear Factory off Soul Of A New Machine. Although played on a 6 tuned down to B on the recording, I reckon they can fit the criteria. Damn I loved those songs, I had a tape copy of the album in 95 and that part of the tape (They are consecutive tracks) was NOT in a good way after a year or so!

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
You know, those riffs. The ones that make you go "holy shit, I have to rock out to this!"

Here's mine. Mercenary's "This Eternal Instant", a 30 second clip (not the full song, that's a no-no).

Mercenary 85 - Putfile.com :: Upload Videos and Pictures for Free.

God that is so awesome.

that's agreat one, probably my favorite song from of that album.

One that gets me going everytime is the riff to the verses of "Enemies of Reality", especially the way it comes back in after the first chorus. :scream:
The way Van Williams plays behind it is just fucking perfect.

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Reaction score
main riff of New Millenium Cyanide Christ

breakdown of The Glass Prison

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
The beginning to Future Breed Machine by Meshuggah, that whole album is riff-tastic(Moreso than newer albums).

I, voyager by Nevermore, that weird timed part STILL brainfucks me, I have no idea what's going on there to this day!

And the first track on Sol Niger Within. God that riff is so meaty!

Autofate

Reaction score
I have to agree, I Voyager by Nevermore just slays, first time I heard that riff, the first thing I thought of was Meshuggah. And of course, Meshuggahs Destroy Erase Improve.

Nick

Reaction score
i have to agree that the korn here to stay riff is immense and im not even that big a fan of theres (used to be)

personal favourites are the opening riff to the mouth licking what youv bled by meshuggah (live it was obscene)

also Love? by strapping young lad is quite beastly

DaveCarter

Melowiddler
Reaction score
Im not a huge KoRn fan, but when that riff to Blind kicks in...damn!!! :hbang: And the breakdown to Freak On A Leash rocks pretty hard. As far as PROPER metal goes, most stuff by Unearth and Nevermore, and Ra's Police cover.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Relentless - SYL

I'm talking about thosw 'breakdown' riffs. Probably the heaviest riffs ever recorded

')