7 String Schecter

• Thread starter Thorn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thorn

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a Schecter Blackjack ATX c-7 for my next guitar.
Does anyone have any experiences/opinions/reviews for this, before I make my purchase?

Originally I was going to get the esp ltd mh-417, but not a single shop in England seems to have it in stock...

What is the neck of the Schecter like? Currently I'm playing an Ibanez 6 string, but I have medium-large hands. Will I be able to do both rhythm and lead stuff on the schecter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Treeunit212

Not your bro, bro.
Reaction score
Schecter necks are a hell of a lot thicker then Ibanez.

Personally I find a thick neck much more comfortable to navigate, whereas my thumb tends to cramp up while playing my RG's neck, especially when playing rhythm.

My C-7 is very similar to the Blackjack and I love it. :yesway:

Jake Boyce

Reaction score
I've got a Loomis C-7. I highly recommend it. The necks are definitely thicker than RG-style necks, but it all comes down to what's comfortable for you. If you're fine with the thick neck, you can't go wrong with the Blackjack!

Knossos

Tone Douche
Reaction score
Hey, I really rate 'em, but I loathe Ibanez necks (they cripple my hand).

Tonally they're pretty awesome, Blackouts are very flexible and the mahogany body is really lightweight, I'm constantly surprised by how little mine weighs.

Though of course, it's a big neck, which I prefer, though you may not.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
Personally I find a thick neck much more comfortable to navigate, whereas my thumb tends to cramp up while playing my RG's neck, especially when playing rhythm.

My C-7 is very similar to the Blackjack and I love it. :yesway:
Same here. You should check out my NGD post it has pics and the neck is super chunky and I love it.

')