7 string Semi Hollow Tele Build (Large Pics)

• Thread starter cip 123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cip 123

Reaction score
The second of recent builds for a friend. It's modelled off of the Fender Acoustasonic idea, those guitars are really cool to me (just awful to look at). I wanted to take the inlay top they have to make the acoustic/semi acoustic design and hope that in the end it would translate to something along the same lines just in 7 string format and more geared for electric playing rather than acoustic. It worked! This thing is really loud acoustically which is fantastic as I was just going out on a limb really. It's semi acoustic with a center block and a wide edge for the top and glue to grab on to, as well as a sort of solid internal control cavity. But something about it just works and it projects really well, you can even hear it come out of the holes in the top. The finish could be improved upon a lot on the front, but with personal reasons I just couldn't go back and refinish it which is a shame. Really happy with how the neck on this one turned out especially the fretwork, has that musicman feel that I was after.

Body - Swamp Ash, with an Inlaid Flame Maple Top
Neck - Roasted Flame Maple with a Wenge scarf joint
Fingerboard - Ebony with Glow in the dark inlays and side dots
Tuners - Gotoh
Bridge - Fake Hipshot
Pickups - Custom Alchemy pickups

IMG_9322.jpg
IMG_9320.jpg
IMG_9318.jpg
IMG_9347.jpg
IMG_9349.jpg
IMG_9350.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cip 123

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll grab some more pics of the back with a decent camera soon

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Another amazing build!

In the other thread you were adamant about us not asking you to build guitars for us. Is this the thread where we ask?

cip 123

Reaction score
Another amazing build!

In the other thread you were adamant about us not asking you to build guitars for us. Is this the thread where we ask?
Thank you! Haha, the last time I posted an Abasi I got a bunch of dm's here asking to build one. It's not my design so I just wanted to make things clear! Don't think I'll take orders as I don't wanna end up like every new luthier and be blacklisted when I inevitably run in to problems. Will probably just build stuff I think is cool and then sell it.

neck looking thicc
It's actually quite slim, thicker than a typical Ibanez and more C shaped. Quite comfy if I say so myself.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
How did you start building? Did you take a course, or do you have a history of woodworking? I’d love to be able to build something like that myself.

cip 123

Reaction score
How did you start building? Did you take a course, or do you have a history of woodworking? I’d love to be able to build something like that myself.
Self taught really and it's taken way longer than I want to think about and way more money than I want to think about. But I've been tackling way too many projects for too long, once I focused myself I got this Tele done in under a year and I only get to work at weekends.

If you're really interested I'd look at courses in your area they'll get you up to speed way quicker and you have a guitar at the end. If you only want to do one I think it's a great way to do it.

')