7 string sustainers?

hostile420

Reaction score
so I just recently switched over to 7 strings and I LOVE IT!!! awesome!!!....but I used to have a fernandez sustainer in my other guitars....I absolutly NEED a sustainer in my new 7 strings....a few questions...I know fernandez makes a sustainer...but I've heard something about a company called sustainic? anyone konw whats the difference? and any opinoins on which is better? also...does either Fernadez or Susainic make a 7 string model?...if so where can I purchase one?....have they ever made a 7 string model?...can you find them used?...anyone have one for sale or know where I could pick one up?...any info would be much appriciated!!!

thanks,

Tony V.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
sustainiac doesn't make 7 string models, Fernandes does but doesn't sell the sustainer kits for 7 strings, it was only featured on the Revolver Pro guitar. The only way to acquire one is to get lucky and find someone selling it or buy a revolver pro and take it out.

as far as fernandes sustainer vs. sustainiac I have no clue.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sustainiac was making sustainers before Fernandes, and from what i've read, their newest preamps that are part of the Stealth Plus model are more advanced and more efficient than the Fernandes units, which are based on older technology. Sustainiac did offer a 7-string driver for a while, but they discontinued it, citing high tooling costs to keep it in their line.

So, as others have pointed out, your only option is to find and gut a Revolver Pro 7-string.

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
A Revolver Pro7 can be had if you shop around for not much more than the costs of the unit if they did actually sell it seperately. When they were closed out there was a bunch on Ebay for 399 or less for the whole guitar.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Fernandez Revolver Pro 7. It's a really neat guitar. :yesway:
They are pretty hard to find, but they are out there.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
One member here actually talked Sustainiac into making him a 7 string sustainer - doesn't hurt to give them a call or email and let them know you're interested.

I've read that Sustainiac used to build them (6-string version) for Fernandes and then Fernandes reverse-engineered them and started making them themselves.

I think the current Sustainiac design is more advanced & efficient, but like everyone else has said, Fernandes is the only one making a 7-string version.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
I send a mail to Fernandes guitars like 1 year ago, asking for a 7 string sustainer, but he said that at the moment they didn't think on doing it, maybe in an year. But an year has passed and i don't see any 7 string sustainer.

Dnasurfer

Reaction score
i have a 7 string sustaniac stealth plus which i replaced on my ibanez universe neck postion, i brought it of a mate of mine in australia, and the first time i played it, it was grt8, i didn't have to route any cavaties in my guitar for the battery, i payed around $575.00 australian dollars, i would buy another one if i could for the rest of my universe!!! keep the faith, you will find one.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
472px-EBow.jpg

It will work on both your 6'ers AND your 7's! :fawk: :lol:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
...and will sound like shit and generally impede on your playing. :lol:

Having used both, I much preferred the sustainiac. :agreed:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ebows are great, but they only work on one string at a time.

Latest posts

')