7 String Telecaster (s)

• Thread starter teleofseven
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

teleofseven

spontaneus orgasmer
Reaction score
Hi!

i'm new here... if that makes me a newfag then so be it.

this thread here will be about the upcoming build of possibly 2 7 string telecasters, made for metal:hbang: purposes. for djenty stuff, to be more precise.

i will hopefully start learning my luthiers degree on august, and i've planned to make these telecasters there. i could make them otherwise too... if i only had all the tools and a workshop or such where to make them.

i've wanted to have/make a 7 string for a looong time. and i love telecasters, but not the regular ones.

i've made a couple mock-ups for you to jugde them:
5822195054_4742be6129_z.jpg
mapletop
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dummyluthier/5822195054/

and

5822194902_667152c743_z.jpg
jet black
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dummyluthier/5822194902/

i'm thinking about these sorta specs:
mahogany body
3 or 5 piece neck
BNP aftermaths
ebony fretboard with no inlay
jumbo frets
25/5 or 26' scale.

the neck will be a set neck because i want the tone to be more mahogany than maple, but i still want a hard maple neck to it.

i'm thinking that the binding would be black,white,black, even on the black version, i think it looke cool when theres just a small white strip going along the outline of the whole guitar, and as for the maple, well black looks damn good on maple.

so there you have it, obviously the project won't be starting any time soon, but when it does, i'll have this thread filled with cu... uuhh pictures and instructions and whatnot.

what i wanted to achieve with starting this thread this soon was to get your input on what you think about the looks and the specs of this tele. what you think i should add, or perhaps remove, or change. i also want possible pickup suggestions because i'm now using nothing else on my guitars but emgs and i wanna try passives. especially because this is a 7 string.

oh and feel free to check out my flickr account! it'll house all the project pictures in the future.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dummyluthier/

thanks!

-matt

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
First of all, :welcome: to the forum.

Second, please think about changing your first sentence. That might fly on UG or HCAF, but on SS.org, we generally frown on making homosexual slang... :nono: unless you are, in fact, actually homosexual. Then, it's on!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Third, your specs look sound (pardon the pun. LOL). You're going just for the tele aesthetic, right?... b/c this won't sound at all like a telecaster. Nice mockup. Did you draw it yourself, or did you use an online generator? The pickguard is cool. I gotta admit, I have tele GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) myself.

Again, :welcome: to the site. We have quite a few Finns on the site already! :hbang::hbang::hbang:

teleofseven

spontaneus orgasmer
Reaction score
You're going just for the tele aesthetic, right?... b/c this won't sound at all like a telecaster. Nice mockup. Did you draw it yourself, or did you use an online generator? The pickguard is cool. I gotta admit, I have tele GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) myself.

yeah just the looks, nothing else tele-ish.:shred: i did make the pics myself.

i can't wait to get to work on these things.

and thanks! :wavey:

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
welcome, and I demand many many Pics of both builds!

edit: oh, and best of luck with your builds.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, that white 7 string tele is helping me get over my dislike for teles.

jeremyb

Reaction score
Not a 7 string, but this was my attempt at building a \m/ telecaster:

IMG_0117.jpg

Edika

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your builds. It is always nice to see build threads because we get to see the creativity, love and effort people put in their creations. Even though I have never had a lot of experience with tools and wood I swear that in the end I'll try to make a guitar myself after seeing such inspiring work in this site. Which translates to put lots and lots of pictures :)!

Antoni0

Reaction score
they look bloody nice ;) I usually dont like the telecaster model, but for some reason these ones looked rather cool :)

perkele suomalaisia ;)

teleofseven

spontaneus orgasmer
Reaction score
well... some bad (ish) news.

i didn't get selected to the school, BUT i am first in the line if someone cancells....

man the stress!

if you must know how close i was to getting it... it was by 0.1 points!!!

my total points were 9.4 out of 10 (maximum)

teleofseven

spontaneus orgasmer
Reaction score
i'm thinking of maybe making a curved (not carved) top to either both or just to the maple one. kinda like on the ibanez prestige. also black or white pickguard on the maple version? 3 ply on both? how about some crazy experimental neck profile? also i want opinions on with which one should i go with: neck through or set neck?

teleofseven

spontaneus orgasmer
Reaction score
sooo. guess what? the build starts next tuesday, major updates will be added in every tuesday (IF i'm not passed out from exhaustion).

i can however make only one of these two guitars, and i've decided to go with the one with the maple top.

AND it will be a 27' scale, with 22 frets and only a bridge pickup (but it'll have a wire hole ready for a neck pickup if i ever want to add one.) it'll be a set neck, not a neck trough.

inlays: i don't know yet, suggestions? simple, small and futuristic is the direction, if i will put them in.

this will be a tight budget build, so parts WILL be cheap and simplistic.

but you know what's the best thing about cheap parts? it's that they can be replaced.

Reaction score
ooooooo i cant wait too see this one!! but please, for the love of whatever you believe in, make the headstock tilt back!! :D :lol:

Latest posts

')