7 String V Thread

• Thread starter vampiregenocide
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KGINDI7

Reaction score
If these were real, holy crap I'll be all over those...

These also would look much better with reverse headstocks.

This model will be my next build. I have ordered most of the parts.
and with reverse headstocks, these are the new avatars...

And

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Dear ESP, please put this V into production like the 6 string version:

abc-120720-2.jpg

Jesus Christ I might actually buy one of these if they did that

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
dang, how did i miss this thread?

i have several v's but only one is a 7....a semi custom agile.

a1.jpg

a5.jpg

this one is not a 7 nor is it a v...esp actually calls it a flying a. i would love to have one in a 7 or maybe an 8.

espflyingaiii.gif

mol0tov

Reaction score
hey guys, couldn't resist this thread...

sold this a few months ago, just wanted to throw it on here so you could see the actual color. super low action, really light and perfectly balanced...but the neck was a little too thick and the stock BDSM pickups blow. but other than that, for the price you can't beat it. OFR and ebony board for under 5 bills?? crazy...

also back in the market for another 7 V, will probably end up with the V-307 since i'm an ESP whore. the Loomis 7v looks nice, but a little out of my price range right now.

...and obligatory family pic

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
Sweet collection of V's:hbang:

Also, welcome to the forum:wavey:

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Anyone here have one of those Gibson 7 string Vs they did? I was sooo close to pulling the trigger on one, scale length 25.5 and it was a done deal....

Robrecht

Overall weird person
Reaction score
Here's mine
<pics>

:agreed:

Woo! V-307 owners FTW! Ghstofperdition plays one too, and allseeingeye had one of the first on this forum, and Kozuki was planning to buy one but I don't know if he has yet. We should get together and form a band and even if we just stood around doing nothing it would be THE MOST METAL THING EVER.

Johnson_LACS

S7G User
Reaction score
Has anybody played one of these yet> yes for tech-death or something it would be crazy having a scale length this short, but I like sludgy Mastodon-y riffs, and still think it would clean up fine for complicated stuff with the EMGs in there, even half a step down if you used mahoosive strings. So, anyone?

I want a guitar that sounds different. It's this or the Devin V I think. Not in a position to try either right now (we know why this is with the Devin...)

I've played Explorer 7 and V-7 too, so I can say, that it's classy, and have some crunchy sound, that reminded me of APEX-1, but - I really don't like V's of any sort(had some ball-kick issue with ESP SV a couple of years ago). Apart from that, V-7 sounds really cool, but, the tuners are crappy as f...ck, still - not a big deal to replace them.

AhsanU

pew pew.
Reaction score
I'm going to order my dream Jackson tomorrow. It'll be a wicked 7 string KV2. Can't wait! But then again, I'll have to. Been quoted at least an 18 month build time :(

ppinkham

Reaction score
Oh yes!!! When did you get it? I'm a HARDCORE Devin fan and his guitar is just amazing...

I've had it for a year now. I recently talked to Michael Smith at Peavey and he says that they are still sending them out, but there are still production issues.

Peavey discontinued their PXD line of guitars, and with Devin primarily using his Framus guitars now, I wouldn't expect these to be available new for much longer.

Steve-Om

Reaction score
I've had it for a year now. I recently talked to Michael Smith at Peavey and he says that they are still sending them out, but there are still production issues.

Peavey discontinued their PXD line of guitars, and with Devin primarily using his Framus guitars now, I wouldn't expect these to be available new for much longer.

Thats a real shame...I thought the same when I saw his videos in the Framus factory, and since he started using his Framus custom live and the PXD for some of the songs, it became logical he was stepping away from Peavey.

I wonder how much would one of these cost...

Beautiful guitar nonetheless, how does it play? im intrigued :shred:

ppinkham

Reaction score
Thats a real shame...I thought the same when I saw his videos in the Framus factory, and since he started using his Framus custom live and the PXD for some of the songs, it became logical he was stepping away from Peavey.

I wonder how much would one of these cost...

Beautiful guitar nonetheless, how does it play? im intrigued :shred:

It plays amazing. The neck is fast and comfortable, and you can get some fantastic tones out of. Especially with the single coil at the neck. It is a big guitar, and solid. Maybe not the best guitar I have ever owned (RIP EVH EB/MM), but really, really damned close.

Mine is not a production model, so I'm not sure of consistency or quality in normal production models. I'd like to play a production one sometime, just to see if there is s difference in how they play. Cosmetically, mine has minor differences.

jco5055

Reaction score
Hey guys, not to revive a dead thread but is there any way just by looking or reading the specs a person can tell if a V would have neckdive? A 7-string RR/Arrow/Reaper/Hornet is sexy as .... but ever since I experienced the neckdive of my Stealth I'm hesitant with all "metal" shapes now.

Robrecht

Overall weird person
Reaction score
Hey guys, not to revive a dead thread but is there any way just by looking or reading the specs a person can tell if a V would have neckdive? A 7-string RR/Arrow/Reaper/Hornet is sexy as .... but ever since I experienced the neckdive of my Stealth I'm hesitant with all "metal" shapes now.

I don't know about that since there are probably a lot of factors involved (neck length, body length, headstock size and shape, weight distribution in the wood, number of strings, weight of the tuners and the bridge, location of the strap buttons) but I can tell you the Ltd V-307 has no neck dive at all. :cool:

By the way: of the "metal" shapes, the Stealth/Xyphos/Warrior type is notoriously neck-heavy -- more so in my experience than a V (I own both a 7-string Xyphos and an Ltd V-307). Since it has two large backward facing legs and no forward facing horns, a V should be more balanced in general.

Latest posts

')