7-String V with 26.5" Scale?

techmetalshred

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a production 7-string V-shaped guitar with at least 26.5" scale length? I'm interested in running a low G or G# tuning with reasonable tension and string gauge.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lada The Great

Reaction score
ESP had a LTD V407B in their lineup few years ago. It has 27 inch scale lenght. You might find one lying around in some shop or snag one used from reverb or something.

xzacx

Reaction score
There's an Epiphone Robb Flynn signature with some goofy graphics that has a 27" scale if I rememberer right, but that's only a 6. Personally I have a 25.5" 7 with an 11-64 set tuned to G# standard, and it's plenty of tension for me. I don't love having that thick of a low string, but in reality I basically just use that guitar as a 6 tuned to C#, so I'm not on the low string much. Then again, I play 9s on 24.75" scales, so I'm not a good source of info when it comes to string tension.

sleewell

Reaction score
seems like the guitar the OP is describing would sell really well. they need to make more 7s in different body shapes.

techmetalshred

Reaction score
There's an Epiphone Robb Flynn signature with some goofy graphics that has a 27" scale if I rememberer right, but that's only a 6. Personally I have a 25.5" 7 with an 11-64 set tuned to G# standard, and it's plenty of tension for me. I don't love having that thick of a low string, but in reality I basically just use that guitar as a 6 tuned to C#, so I'm not on the low string much. Then again, I play 9s on 24.75" scales, so I'm not a good source of info when it comes to string tension.

Thanks for the info man, yeah running those real thick low strings seems to make the tone sound less ideal. Maybe I should pick up a cheap budget 25.5" scale 7 string and see if I can get a tension that I like before investing in something more expensive-

techmetalshred

Reaction score
I would love to to find something like that too. Shame that it's so hard to find in a pointy, Jackson style.

Yeah thats exactly what I was looking for, I love the Rhoads V shape, and they do make it in a 7 string, but with only 25.5" scale length its tough to get good tone from low tunings with real thick strings. That Ormsby metal V model looks real good but it is fanned fret, which I haven't tried yet.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Wild card suggestion:

e-zuka-gallery-110624.jpg

Adieu

Reaction score
Wild card suggestion:

e-zuka-gallery-110624.jpg

Black hardware, maple or ebony board - and this would actually work

As is, though, it looks fatally disappointing... and since the expected price tag is somewhere in a vehicular magnitude, that's just wrong

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
The Loomis V's were 26.5, unsure which neck profile they had though (think it was the original baseball-bat one). Annoyingly the only used ones I seem to be able to find are always bloody lefties.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
@Adieu It's an ebony board, and hardware is pretty easy to change. It's got LED fret markers, too. Price tag wise I snagged mine for a pretty decent amount but even used they hold value overseas, though you can get lucky. There's a green and red variant, too.

penguin_316

Reaction score
I’d go Ormsby 7 V direct from them off reverb. Not only do they look above their price tag, they play and feel miles better. They really nailed the proper multi scale (wide fan) element with a very comfy perpendicular fret. Their pickups are very good as well...

Nick

Reaction score
Yeah thats exactly what I was looking for, I love the Rhoads V shape, and they do make it in a 7 string, but with only 25.5" scale length its tough to get good tone from low tunings with real thick strings. That Ormsby metal V model looks real good but it is fanned fret, which I haven't tried yet.

There is very little adjustment required, I had a fanned 8 and it was easy to play straight away. The ormsby pickups as stated, are also great.

')