7 Strings In The UK

• Thread starter mickytee
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mickytee

Reaction score
Hey, does anyone know where i can try out some 7 String guitars in the UK?
i live in london, and i dont know of any shops that have 7 string guitars on the shop floor for you to try.

I want to try a few out before i decide whether or not to drop a lot of money on a UV. i have never played a 7 string in my life.

so yea, does anyone know where i can find 7 string guitars to try?
thanks alot
User01

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shikaru

Mechanical Thunder
Contributor
Reaction score
I hear Denmark Street is always good for musical instrument shopping, there's a sound control near it as well, if I remember right. I've only been there once, but there was a couple of seven strings around when I visited, including a UV777GR, I think.

I've only ever seen a UV once in a shop up in Scotland, a UV777BK, and it didn't last long in the shop. Wish I'd played it actually :(

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Denmark Street definitely has 7 strings. If you go to the HMV on Oxford Street, there is a Sound Control underneath which may stock 7's - they certainly did when i was in therre, but they were all leftys! GAH!

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
There's a store in downtown London that has a 25,000 GBP Strat 7 string :lol:

Shikaru

Mechanical Thunder
Contributor
Reaction score
Ken, yeah that's in a shop on Denmark St. I believe :yesway:

Also Stitch, isn't it a Virgin Megastores that's above Sound control? I'm sure it was when I was there. And yeah they only had a lefty Shecter 7 I think :(

Rayder

Reaction score
when we type shift + 3 it comes up with this

#

do you have the dollar sign? shift + 4

$

but then again, you guys are from that area, so disregard :p

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
It is a Virgin, sorry man. :)

3 is £, 4 is $, for my macintosh alt + 3 gives me # but on most pc's it is beside the return button. :lol:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I much prefer the # to the Goofed up "L" you guys use for money ;p
:lol:

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Back on topic... Go to Denmark Street, it's just round the corner from Tottenham Court Road tube, near the Astoria. Go to Rockers and you're most likely to find 7 strings there. The shop opposite them has the £25,000 Strat prototype in the window, though you can forget about being allowed to play that. Also in the same area is Soho Soundhouse, situated about Turnkey. They sometimes have 7's in stock.

As others have said, underneath Virgin on Oxford Street is Soundcontrol. You go into Virgin and then downstairs.

')