7321 Opinions Needed

• Thread starter Plaschkes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Briggs

7-string noob
Reaction score
just got my 7321 out of layaway (woohoo!!!)... the action needs adjustment (thinking of buying a new nut), the tuners have a bit of backlash (may replace those later after I'm sick of retuning) and the bridge pickup is flabby nasty mudd. Anyone know why this pickup is so terrible? Could it be low quality copper or junk magnets?

However, the neck and body resonate well and I have no complaints about the fret job. Get a good setup and some pickups and you'll have a quality peice.

btw, I really like your country, was there in october 1998 for a 2 week tour of netanya, nazareth, tel aviv, haifa, jerusalem, tiberias, golan hieghts, jerico, massada etc. The landscape is really dramatic.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bigheadood

Metallurgist
Reaction score
Try moving the pickup farther away from the strings. It will sound much better--tighter, and less muddy....at least until you get a better bridge pickup.

Days Break

Reaction score
if the rg7321 is as bad as you guys make out to be, my jackson cow will defiantely be worth teh wait

in my opinion, perfectly good guitar, bit bassy and cant get a bit fudgy arounf the low mids, but plays as good as any otehr guitar i've played

angryman

Djentleman
Reaction score
Mynydd y Garreg, Carmarthenshire, South Wales.
I love my 7321 It's probably my one of my favourite guitars, it sounds & feels awesome & stays in tune no matter how hard i hit it, I'm actually thinking of getting a new Neck with a Reverse headstock & EMG's for it to mod it cos i really do love the feel of it.

Days Break

Reaction score
might jsut be as most of you people on here are americans... and they may be set up bad by your guitar shop staff.... or the 'people that build them' ship them to you rubbish on purpose, their not built in korea are they

(also i'm not making light of anything from the past there

but i jsut saw borat this afternoon)

'you see here, this is my name, and your name, and todays date.... will you marry me?'

'err, no thanks'

etc

haha comedy

Ruan7321

Reaction score
I love my 7321 It's probably my one of my favourite guitars, it sounds & feels awesome & stays in tune no matter how hard i hit it, I'm actually thinking of getting a new Neck with a Reverse headstock & EMG's for it to mod it cos i really do love the feel of it.

That sounds awesome. I was also thinking of putting graphite saddles on mine and maybe save up and get an ebony fretboard.

Rg7321 with Lundgren M7 destroys all!!!! :fawk:

ibzrg1570

Reaction score
I looked at 2 "new" 7321s the other day at Guitar Center...I didn't buy either of them. One of them was all scratched up and actually had a chip, the other just didn't feel well put together; there was a pretty good size gap between the neck pickup and the back of the neck, and you could see right down in at the ass of the neck. Just really looked poorly assembled.

my korean model actually has a pretty wide gap between the neck pickup and the neck too, so i'm not so sure if where the guitar is manufactured matters as much as everyone thinks it does. anyone else with a korean 7321 have the same problem?

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
I think you guys are being a bit too harsh. While it's true that the new Indonesian models are inferior to the Korean ones, not all of them are bad. Indonesian RG7321s are hit-or-miss. I've played some horrible Indonesian RG7321s, and i've played some excellent Indonesian models that had no real issues.

Moral of the story is that if you decide to buy an Indonesian RG7321, DON'T buy one off the internet. Make sure you try it out before you buy.

Or, as someone suggested, you could get a RG1527 and block the trem. Excellent guitars, made in Japan. Plus, the Floyd Rose trem is much more comfortable for the picking hand than the RG7321 bridge. :cool:

K7 works too, although the only reason I'd consider a K7 over the RG1527 would be for the mahogany.

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
I got a Indo 7321 from Technomancer and it's awesome. He had a fretjob done and it plays really well. He had locking tuners fitted and it stays in tune really well now aswell. The stock pickups aren't good at all, but I just put in a x2N7 a few minutes ago, and it fucking roars!

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
HI!

I tryied that guitar, 2 months ago.

The things that are you playing doesn't difference one from other.

IMO it's to, compresed, all sounds =.

But that with original pickups, changinf them you sound better.

Here are some users of 7321's and they say that sound very well with some pickup change.

Try one with different pickups, Seymour Duncan, Dimarsio or EMG.

Saludos!

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I think for equivalent money, the Agile Septor is a far better buy.

Latest posts

')