7620 veneer and stain(first time content) 56K beware

• Thread starter Cyanide Assassin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyanide Assassin

play me some metal!!
Reaction score
so i found an Ibanez 7620 at a pawn shop near me for 240$. bought it and found a nice veneer on the evil bay for 5$ a sheet. bought three so i can book match the body and have a matching head stock. no pics of the sanding process(which still isn't done) but the head stock is completely done for sanding. as i already know everyone's gonna ask what color or stain I'm going with.....walnut stain for the sides and back and a veneer one the top. the sides and back are gonna be clear coated but I'm doing a french polish on the veneer to get it that million dollar look.
7vURAwXi
AlWdk27r
65L17Ibt
LXTZoTvn
MV4hIy3R
OP4wj8sh
u8IlcLtL
Uh8Yfg3r

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

areyna21

Reaction score
I wonder how this is going to turn out as i will be refinishing mine in the future. That is one pretty sweet deal that you got on it.

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
Keep sanding! you're about half way through that sealer coat ;)

heh.. I cant wait for the emails when you start your french polishing....

Mr Richard

Reaction score
Awesome idea. Recently got my hands on a cheap rg7321 as a little custom project for the summer. I've been thinking of different paint jobs and I would REALLY like to have a nice wood grain on top. Veneer may just be the way to go.

Cyanide Assassin

play me some metal!!
Reaction score
sanding is done for getting through all the primer. just have to do some leveling with the sanding block and then i can start staining the back and sides. pics to follow of the sanding.

Cyanide Assassin

play me some metal!!
Reaction score
why thank you good sir. can wait to add the clear to the sideas and back then attatch the top. its gonna be fun.

Cyanide Assassin

play me some metal!!
Reaction score
yeah....14.1 mp camera doesnt take small pics.... on my browser sso had always resized them so i figured it would do the same with it on anyones comp but i guess not.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Well, it does shrink them down, but if it's the browser doing it it still has to load the full picture first and it just kinda lags a bunch when you scroll. You could host them somewhere like imgur: the simple image sharer and resize them there, or you can just ignore me :yesway:

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
yeah....14.1 mp camera doesnt take small pics.... on my browser sso had always resized them so i figured it would do the same with it on anyones comp but i guess not.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

create a free account, resize pictures to 15-19" monitors. Works great, and its free. No size restrictions from what Im able to tell lol

edit: I hope you're not gonna clear coat your guitar THEN glue your veneer down....

Cyanide Assassin

play me some metal!!
Reaction score
well with your advice....looks like im gonna attatch the top then clear cot the back and sides. lol.

imma try that image shack place and edit the last batch of pics added so it wont take as long to load and the pics wont be so big. thanks for the ideas guys.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
^I agree with that... Now comes the hard part- making an invisible glue line (actually, the hard part is in the preparation, which should've been done already, otherwise it's too late, harr)

Cyanide Assassin

play me some metal!!
Reaction score
hard part? i think this will be the fun part. i have to figure out how to get it to curve with the elbow/arm rest and keep it there so it attaches with the glue.

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
hard part? i think this will be the fun part. i have to figure out how to get it to curve with the elbow/arm rest and keep it there so it attaches with the glue.

Looks fantastic man!

And as far as your contour worries, just weigh it down it some sandbags dude! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
')