7strings into DIEZEL VH4 ???

• Thread starter le petit corbeau
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Um, 7-strings are guitars, it will sound good with any good amp/cab, which it is. How good it will sound will depend on the pickups, your technique, strings, etc.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Not exactly, since some cabs/speakers aren't really good at producing the lower frequencies. Marshall is the biggest offender. I play through a JCM900 halfstack every practice, and that 1960A justs sucks balls for the low B.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Probably is. Since it is owned by the rehersal studio Division uses, feel free to flame away. I personally can't stand the things.

The low B sounds ungodly through my Road King. :metal:

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
noodles said:
Not exactly, since some cabs/speakers aren't really good at producing the lower frequencies. Marshall is the biggest offender. I play through a JCM900 halfstack every practice, and that 1960A justs sucks balls for the low B.
low B sounds killer on a JCM2000 DSL100, real tight and chunky, but thats a lot newer an amp than a jcm900 lol

jtm45

Reaction score
I'd love a Diezel VH4 but they're even more expensive than the Mesa stuff is over here in the UK.
The VH4 is around £1900 ($3500 U.S.) and the VH4 'S' is around £2200 ($4100 U.S.) to buy new over here!!!!!!!!!

Doug at Blackmachine is the main UK Diezel distributor over here now so i don't know if maybe he can do any better on the price on them.
Well out of my price-range at the moment(or ever!) though.

jtm45

Reaction score
JPMDan said:
Thats because mesa sounds a shitload better than Marshall. :yesway:

That really depends what Marshall your talking about and what type of sound you're after.

As far as 7's go,yeah, Mesa's generally destroy Marshall's, but for a classic EVH 'rock' sound or a Hendrix-type or even classic Satch tone Marshall's destroy Mesa's.

'Apples and Oranges' really.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
its like baskin robbins, theres 31 flavors, which ones your favorite?

jtm45

Reaction score
Elysian said:
its like baskin robbins, theres 31 flavors, which ones your favorite?

Baskin Robbins?:scratch: 31 flavours????:scratch:

I'm pretty sure we don't get anything in 31 flavours in the UK.:lol:

You Americans just have it too good over there.:rant:
I suppose the 31 flavours are am attempt to distract you from the fact that you have a chimpanzee running your country.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh???? Hold on!!! We do too actually.:ugh:

Reaction score
Everyone here around my are playing Mesas !!!
it's a so bouring thing!!! I like Mesa amps so much, but I want something more "uncommon"...
It will not make me a better player it's obvious but it'll be more personnal
I played one Diezel VH4 at Musik Messe whit my 6strings Les paulinto a Diezel 2x12!
How can I figure how good it'll sound whit a 7 !!!
I'm saving money to buy a serious amp which is not mesa and have 4 channels...
For the moment I can't choose between the VH4 and the Engl Invader...
I'm wasting to play one!!!

I saw Tool in paris in the end of June and Adam Jones was playing whit a VH4. But I think he's running it into a Bass Cab (I read it somewhere)...
Anyway He's playing some heavy stuff whit it!!! ...but not whit a seven...

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
Anything through a Diezel will still sound overpriced and not that good.

I can't believe the rediculous price they charge for an amp that doesn't sound $200 dollars better than a 5150, Recto, Fireball, etc...

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
noodles said:

Dude, I said any good amp/cab. I know as well as anyone about the horrors of a JCM900/1960A combo :) I agree with what the other dude said, the DSL100 sounds great with 7-strings, at least it did with my Mesa cab.

Latest posts

')