8-Bit Prog Metal :: Sky Sanctuary :: New track released!

• Thread starter jCo76
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CyborgSlunk

Reaction score
Holy crap, that was some awesome unique stuff! My favorite part was around 2 min, reminds me much of mega man. Just try to keep a little more structure, sometimes it seems a little too eager, maybe a little less riffs, but more memorable ones? Just my :2c:.

jCo76

Reaction score
Holy crap, that was some awesome unique stuff! My favorite part was around 2 min, reminds me much of mega man. Just try to keep a little more structure, sometimes it seems a little too eager, maybe a little less riffs, but more memorable ones? Just my :2c:.

That's just my style man ;) Appreciate your input anyhow! Cheers

Shor

Reaction score
Just amazing dude... super intense and I love all the 8-bit stuff.
Bought it fast as I could click the links when I saw it today!
I'd also like to know when the album is coming out! Looking forward to it.

jCo76

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I already have an album released here: Insert Coin(s) | Sky Sanctuary

As for a new album, nothing has been decided as of yet - but you can bet there'll be more material soon. As always, share the links and tell your buddies. It all really helps :)

Shor

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I already have an album released here: Insert Coin(s) | Sky Sanctuary

As for a new album, nothing has been decided as of yet - but you can bet there'll be more material soon. As always, share the links and tell your buddies. It all really helps :)

Well I already bought that album when it came out and it's being played regularly, but I want MOAR! :hbang:
Keep up the good work!

Jolo5150

Reaction score
This music is awesome, this was a flashback to the 8 bit era great work!!

supercolio

Super-spy
Reaction score
THAT'S NOT 8-BIT
but really good anyway :3 I like this.
(I was really expecting an 8-bit song :x)

metalaxxe11

String Theory
Reaction score
God damn that is so tight and amazing! (thats what she said) :p

You guys on here have such a high standard for recording comparared to any other music forum ive been on and i love it! :D Just shared the link on my facebook page to help you out :).

Can i ask how on earth you manage to get a tone like that, kinda reminds me of periphery?

Mind checking out my song? Its in this sub-forum with thread title Metalaxxe11, although youll probably laugh at the production quality compared to this!

jCo76

Reaction score
I listened to your track and it sounds pretty cool man, I like the arrangements and harmony placements. One thing I would suggest is to experiment with some synths & electronic ideas too; it just seems like something that would work well over your style.

Thanks for your feedback too. I guess I just experiment when it comes to my tones and sounds; whatever sounds good to me I'll use!

Ramsey

Reaction score
Love the new track dude! I'm a big fan of 8 bit stuff mixed with groovy metal. I sort of do the same thing with my tracks too, really cool. One thing that I personally enjoy about your music is if you've ever heard Anup Sastrys work, you guys have sort of a similar vibe going on in terms of the guitars. While his guitars are sampled and yours are real, there is kind of a similar theme of groovey heavily edited "cuts" in the guitars. I really love that! Gives the music an intense feel. The production is not my thing, but it oozes your style just like "Insert Coins." (Which is good, you don't sound like every band out there....!)

Sorry to shit up your thread with a plug of mine, but you seem like you'd be interested.... MarsModule's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Thats my soundcloud, lots of chiptuney/metal stuff on there. We're not strictly 8 bit or more heavily focused like you, we just like to incorporate all sorts of spacey sounds and ideas. Let me know what you think dude!

iloki

Reaction score
I'm not even sure how to process the awesomeness that I just heard. I will definitely be keeping an eye on you. This is pure, unadulterated awesomeness.

It always feels like its going somewhere new, which is absolutely in line with the progressive style, and the 8bit/16bit synth stuff is layered in nicely, never feels forced, and just feels... right

georg_f

Reaction score
that's an amazing song, sooo many cool parts...

iz you using that Chipsounds VSTi?

jCo76

Reaction score
Thanks guys, appreciate all of your input.

@George: Actually, no. But I've messed around with it a couple times and it seems pretty cool.

')