8 string as your only guitar?

• Thread starter lead23
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For awhile I had my 8 as my only guitar, and I did just fine. Like Origin, I like to use a bunch of different tunings, and I could achieve most of them quite easily with my anaconda. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

saovi

Reaction score
10-46 then a 64 and last an 80.

Nice. Right now I'm using 10-42 and 64 with 74 last but I think your tuning would work better when dropping the tuning a full step - where do you get your strings?

I agree that you're best off fully diving into 8 string and learning to utilize it completely - otherwise, a 7 string might be a better choice. I still have an old 6 string baritone with heavier gauge strings that I use because it has a BKP cold sweat in the bridge. (I'm still on the fence of whether to switch out the active EMG808s with passive BKP Painkillers 8s on my Hellraiser - anybody brave soul try it?)

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score

saovi

Reaction score
Thanks bro, sounds sick - I like the eq spike in the mids. Not sure about the pup rings though hmmm

Coalesce42

Reaction score
Nice. Right now I'm using 10-42 and 64 with 74 last but I think your tuning would work better when dropping the tuning a full step - where do you get your strings?

I have not zeroed in on a particular set of strings I like for my 8 but I get Earnie ball slinkies and then I buy the 64 and 80 separate. The 80 is a bass string actually. But with the Peavey 6505 it works good.

')