8-string. ergonomic. headless. fanned fret. phase 1::design

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

digitalpig

Reaction score
Looks like the polepieces of the pickups perfectly match the strings! Congrats, it looks amazing!

How heavy is it? (I'm talking about weight here ;) )

Cheers

helferlain

D.I.Y. autodidact
Reaction score
Looks like the polepieces of the pickups perfectly match the strings! Congrats, it looks amazing!

How heavy is it? (I'm talking about weight here ;) )

Cheers

It only looks like matching the strinngs :(
I did the pickguard part with the pups again today. Now it should really match. Still have to rework the string tuners, testing follows tomorrow. Electronics are finished so far. The weight is about 3,9 kg.

There's a NGD comming...

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
That's just too cool. Can we get a close up shot of the HS with the string ties? I don't really understand all that's going on up there.

helferlain

D.I.Y. autodidact
Reaction score
Finished f8or the moment) with this guitar.

the bad:
- the neck is to thin. :noway: It works but I'm not happy with it. There is a neck build comming...
- the coating: this was my first and my last try with nitrocellulose spray can. :noway: I dont have the environment for a proper coating process. Its a literally dirty whit finish now.
- some noise in the circuit. :noway: I'm not sure where it comes from. but for now its playable...

the good:
- the ergonomic aspect of the design works. :yesway: very comfortable to play in sitting and standing position.
- anyone else here with a singlecoil 8 string guitar? :D
- the selfmade low impedance pickups and the preamp / filter circuit work at the first attemp :yesway:
- There is a huge versatility with this electronics :yesway: soundsamples will follow

Thank you for watching this building thread, now go and check the NGD-Thread:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ex...-8-string-headless-ergonomic-fanned-fret.html

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
IIRC, nitrocellulose has to dry for about 4 weeks to fully harden.

Samarus

Reaction score
That's awesome. It reminds me of Rick Toone's stuff.

Jason Spell

Reaction score
Not to get in a pissing contest, but why not respond to it? Is there a real, logical reason why not, or is the argument just because you personally are annoyed by it? It's like a "because you breathe funny" argument if that's the case. Is there a cut off time where a thread is officially "dead"? Is it one week without a post? 2? 2 months? 3 months, 4 days, 18 hours, 2 minutes, and 37 seconds?

It seems like if the thread still exists, it should be able to be commented on. I wouldn't have found it if it wasn't just recently bumped, and I'd like to chime in that I think it's a cool design.

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
I was mentioning because I had noticed him being warned by a mod in another thread who told him not to do it. The reasoning, as far as I'm aware, is annoying people with threads which had not been developed upon and had reached their ultimate conclusion when appreciation can be shown with the "like" button or the thanks button.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
It seems like if the thread still exists, it should be able to be commented on. I wouldn't have found it if it wasn't just recently bumped, and I'd like to chime in that I think it's a cool design.
The art of the necrobump is a fine line young grasshopper. Your guitarfu must be strong and you must have the karma of the righteous behind you.

That said, "Hey, this is cool", "Any new info?", etc. posts are bad necrobumps. Use the Like or Thanks buttons, or send the OP a PM.

A "Hey, I dug-up this info ...", "I just discovered ..." and other posts that ADD NEW RELEVANT INFO THAT WOULD BE OF VLAUE TO ANYBODY READING THE WHOLE THREAD are good necrobumps.

Ray

')