8 String Fanned Parker Style.

• Thread starter pondman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Another Beaut!!! Love me some Parker style!!! What is the finish gonna be?

Tru Oil so it could be a while . I can build a guitar quicker than I can Tru-Oil it but I love the finish .

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
I had a Teak head-plate on which didn't really grab me when I oiled it so I hunted around for a subdued piece of BE Maple veneer and found just the piece.

Had a real ball clenching moment re-cutting through the wafer thin veneer to the recessed tuning peg holes :ugh: but it looks nice with the Teak showing at the chamfered edges.

Had a 2 coat snake-oil test run on the body and boy did it pop :eek:

Last edited:

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments :yesway:
Started to shape the back of the neck .

Going to see how the pups look with veneer on tomorrow if I get time after taking the workshop cat to the vets - he lost the use of his legs for about 4 hours today :( hope he's going to be ok , poor fella.

XxJoshxX

Djentleman
Reaction score
Tru Oil so it could be a while . I can build a guitar quicker than I can Tru-Oil it but I love the finish .
Maybe try teak oil, feels like tru oil, works pretty similar, but only takes a couple days to be done.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Pondman, what do you do with all these builds when you're done? Do you keep them whole and add to your collection, or strip them for parts when you begin a new one? Or...?

jeremyb

Reaction score
Really liking the look of this so far, amazing work man!

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe try teak oil, feels like tru oil, works pretty similar, but only takes a couple days to be done.
I tried Teak Oil but it just didn't have the same soft look , I also like the strength of Tru Oil. I've always got a body set up right next to my office chair and find it relaxes me putting the odd coat on in between taking calls and stuff :coffee:

Pondman, what do you do with all these builds when you're done? Do you keep them whole and add to your collection, or strip them for parts when you begin a new one? Or...?
I'm hanging on to em for now but I'm getting short on space so eventually some will have to go :(

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
I just reread that first reply to Josh :lol: I do like to dress the odd corpse up now and again :eek:

Last edited:

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Got rained of yesterday so I made the bridge.

jarnozz

Let´s Get Wasted!
Reaction score
Are you making a mayones like bridge with wilkinson like saddles because thats exactly what I had in mind for my next one wich will be a multiscale xD

What metal do you use for the bridge?
Actually, how do you make this! Ahah

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Very cool.

And yeah, Teak Oil has a colour to it.

Also get well soon to the kitteh I hope.

rockskate4x

rockskate4x
Reaction score
Are you making a mayones like bridge with wilkinson like saddles because thats exactly what I had in mind for my next one wich will be a multiscale xD

I would also be very interested in more information about your plans for the bridge. Also, where are you getting your wilky saddles? Short of getting the replacements by graphtech, i don't know where i can find these.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Subscribed. How's the cat?
He's wobbling about so I just carry him in there now and plonk him on his favorite dirty sheet where he can see what i'm doing :)

Yeah I'm using the Wilko saddles - I use any steel I can get hold of but it doesn't matter if you use brass or whatever. Some pics at the bottom of this post .

I would also be very interested in more information about your plans for the bridge. Also, where are you getting your wilky saddles? Short of getting the replacements by graphtech, i don't know where i can find these.
I think I got those at Axesarus on ebay, I'll have a search later .

This is the other bridge I made for the 7 fan ( I didn't get any pics of the other before leaving it at the metal finishers.

I just cut off a piece from an old RSJ and shaped it ( hacksaw and belt sander). You'll have to drill and tap out (thread ) for the holding Allen Screws. Lots of double and triple measuring on a fan plate to make sure everything is in line. Hope this helps :spock:

')