8 String Fanned Parker Style.

• Thread starter pondman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Got the urge for this a couple of weeks ago.

Native Spalted Elm , I went for a more mellow spalt this time.

Bookmatched it.

Walnut back.

Used my Parker concert for a basic outline but obviously made it wider.
Ready to carve :ugh:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighPotency

Reaction score
Cool idea, I've always loved the Parker body shape.

Is it just me or is there a really big gap in the joined body pieces?

EDIT: Second post wasn't up when I opened this haha. After seeing your workshop and other work, I'm assuming it's just the way the picture was taken.

EDIT 2: Now I can definitely see it was just me! Very nice. What are you using for the bridge? Looks like wilkinson saddles.

Necromagnon

Reaction score
And so He decided to finish everyone, once and for all.

Gotta find some tape to stick back my mouth...

AwDeOh

Reaction score
This build is all class Pondman.. first time I've seen spalted elm too - very nice choice.

Youne

Reaction score
Pondman aka the Machine... I don't know what to say....so I'm gonna whatch and applause !

WiseSplinter

Reaction score
3 piece fretboard? awesome
Are you planning on leaving that last edge of the fretboard without frets? Would be cool to have some partial frets over there for the high strings, because ... why not? :lol:

This project is amazing.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Cool idea, I've always loved the Parker body shape.

Is it just me or is there a really big gap in the joined body pieces?

EDIT: Second post wasn't up when I opened this haha. After seeing your workshop and other work, I'm assuming it's just the way the picture was taken.

EDIT 2: Now I can definitely see it was just me! Very nice. What are you using for the bridge? Looks like wilkinson saddles.
I'm making a bridge plate for the saddles.

3 piece fretboard? awesome
Are you planning on leaving that last edge of the fretboard without frets? Would be cool to have some partial frets over there for the high strings, because ... why not? :lol:

This project is amazing.
I was going to do that but dont know the measurements for placing the frets and fretfind wont work for just adding a few frets ?

Necromagnon

Reaction score
I was going to do that but dont know the measurements for placing the frets and fretfind wont work for just adding a few frets ?
Fretfind gives you the fret-to-fret distance on the table when making your simulation. I think you can use those values to place a few frets at the end of the fb?
And I agree, it would look very cool with those extra frets.

HighPotency

Reaction score

You can make a template with extra frets- let's just say 30 since I doubt there's even room for that many. Then you could cut it off at the 24th (though probably take off an extra 1/2 of the fretwire width so you can set the template against the 24th fret of the guitar and have it be accurate) and use that partial template for the rest of the frets.

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
The want to start building my own guitars because of this guy strikes again. Looks incredible so far good sir. Keep up the good work. :yesway:

schwiz

Lefty
Reaction score
This is possibly one of the coolest builds I've seen on here yet. Really diggin the contour of the body, you can tell you put in a good amount of work on that. Spalted Elm was a great choice... different, but great.

')