8 String Gauge questions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Khoi

Reaction score
.081 works great for drop E for my Schecter Damien Elite 8, which is 26.5" scale.

I just went to the shop and bought an individual bass string, worked perfectly, though I had to unwind it a bit to fit through the tuning post.

Brohoodofsteel75

Reaction score
I really don't want to do the unwinding, so i think i'll hit up La Bella they have 82s so im gonna try those.

Btw how do you like the Damien? does it feel/sound good?

NixerX

Chuggin and Chuffin
Reaction score
I really don't want to do the unwinding, so i think i'll hit up La Bella they have 82s so im gonna try those.

Btw how do you like the Damien? does it feel/sound good?

Dude I just moved to an .80 on my Omen-8. I just used my dremel and bored out the tuning peg hole a little bit and it fits like a glove.
It works good for drop E.

Khoi

Reaction score
the Damien is fantastic, the EMG 808s really shine with it I think. I was extremely skeptical about the EMGs, especially with 8 strings, because my experiences with EMGs have been anything but flattering, but its really great.

The unwinding really wasn't anything big, took maybe an extra minute for changing the strings, but I also forgot to mention that the ball end doesn't really fit under the bridge holes, so it's kinda sticking out

')