8-string guitars

• Thread starter Whitechapel7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Whitechapel7

Reaction score
so i am thinking about buying an 8-string sometime soon, and i was curious if anyone else had one, or could recommend a good brand/model. ive looked at the Ibanez RG2228 and RGA8 and that is way too much for me :noplease: so i was wondering if any of you knew of one that would be cheaper but still well made

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Agiles the go to brand on this board for well made 8 strings in a decent price range. Give em a look.

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
Guitars with 8 strings? :spock:

Haha yeah, do a search man, everyone here has an Agile :lol:

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
Of course not, neither do I :lol: Just saying that had the OP opened the 'extended range' forum - he would've seen Agile Agile and more Agile :yesway:

TheMasterplan

Creator//Destroyer
Reaction score
Why is everyone being such a dick? God damn guys, really?

Yeah there's an entire sub-forum for 8+ strings and I guess he missed it. You'll get over it guys, I promise. Didn't know a careless mistake was such a fucking outrage.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Posting in the wrong forum will happen to even the most experienced user. Not even doing a search involving potential brands, however, especially when the forum is littered with proper responses (which do appear with great prevalence on google), denotes that OP isn't even bothering to narrow things down a bit, or be a tad more specific, hence the mild trolling. Just search for "cheap 8-string guitar" on Google to have an idea.

Be assured nobody will lose sleep over this, OP included. ;)

heilarkyguitar

Brown note
Reaction score
If you don't have the $ to get a rg2228 or a brj type then an agile is worth it . I just got a used 828 dual for $ 450. Even have a $ for pickups whenever I make up my mind.

Metal_Webb

Needs more strings
Reaction score
It depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to tune to Drop Z and want to use thinner gauge strings, go a longer scale-length such as an Agile. Makes life a lot easier for the setup.

If you want to keep a scale length similar so a standard 6-er, a Schecter would be a good bet. I'd recommend getting a Damien over an Omen however, the EMG's in the Damien are far superior to the schecter pups in the omen.

Latest posts

')