8 string Multiverse

• Thread starter ahull123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ahull123

Reaction score
We just finished this project up it has been a long time in the making...

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1876-1.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1920-1.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
When do they go into production? :)

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
My jaw literally dropped when I saw this, holy shit :yesway:

Could we have the specs? I'm guessing a 2228 neck, and maybe a massively retooled 2228 body. I'm interested in the single coil. And the trem. And everything on it. Also, let me know when you wanna part ways with it ;)

EDIT: Looks like an RGA8 neck, due to the wood grain and apparent lack of a volute.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Wow, great job man.... dibs if you ever sell it (ya right!)

Seriously though, this is fantastic, The DNA jems have always been some of my favorite guitars, its awesome to see that concept taken to the extreme as an 8 string!

ahull123

Reaction score
My jaw literally dropped when I saw this, holy shit :yesway:

Could we have the specs? I'm guessing a 2228 neck, and maybe a massively retooled 2228 body. I'm interested in the single coil. And the trem. And everything on it. Also, let me know when you wanna part ways with it ;)

EDIT: Looks like an RGA8 neck, due to the wood grain and apparent lack of a volute.

it's and RGA8 neck, with 2228 radius (ebony) fingerboard? actually it is a compound radius 10-14. The body is a mahogany body custom made with the 2228 profile but with RGA8 neck pocket.
Single coil is an ex BKP cold sweat that was taken apart for the bobbin and then hand wound by Brett at Guitar Logistics
Trem was 2 OFR's that were welded powder coated, with a new machined trem block, FU hight tension springs with gotoh black boxes, custom 6 position spring claw (brass) chromed and laser etched with mirror back insert
pickups are BKP (bridge) aftermath, (mid) custom, (neck) BKP cold sweat
it has an EMG PA2 and EMG SPC
cover plates by pickguard paradise, with custom graphic (by me) laser etched with swarovski crystal inserts....
that's pretty much it.... oh and swirl by Alan at Out of This Swirled, cleared by Guitar Guru

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
The aperture settings on some of those pix are atrocious. HAD TO GRIPE.

Now, that's the first guitar I've seen that's had such vivid colors that it's actually hurt my eyes looking at it, I must play this.

slowro

Drunken Scot
Reaction score
That is amazing!
DO NOT EVER SELL THAT!
amazing workmanship involved in that
how does it sound?

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
Holy shit

this guitar is perfect in every detail. I love the colored floyd, stand and case

')