8 string pickup comparison

• Thread starter Daken1134
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daken1134

Reaction score
so i decided to do an 8 string pickup comparison and im sure it will get deleted from either here or the pickup section but its awesome and people need to hear the difference. this a song i wrote comparing the Dimarzio Dactivators to the BKP Miracle Man pickup set. featuring a guest solo from the best guitarists ive ever met (and no offense but ive hung out with tosin and javier and taken lessons from both) what do you think

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DavidLopezJr

Reaction score
D-activator sounds so much clearer for your style of music/playing with your huge amount of intervals stacked ha

Miracle man doesn't make much sense for someone like you :lol: Best offers from BKP for you would probably be their more lower output pups for you.

Tuned2F

Spider Pig
Reaction score
Holy shit that was some phenomenal playing!

Makes me wanna dust of my RG2228 and jam.

rekab

Reaction score
Cool comparison. I like hearing stuff a/b'd to truly compare.
Would you mind sharing your pod patch? I wouldn't mind checking it out

beneharris

Reaction score
i thought the Dactivators held up better overall. especially their clarity while playing chords. I really liked the "roundness" of the miracle man, though. those sounded better with individual notes

sweet playing :yesway:

DavidLopezJr

Reaction score
i thought the Dactivators held up better overall. especially their clarity while playing chords. I really liked the "roundness" of the miracle man, though. those sounded better with individual notes

sweet playing :yesway:
This. That how I feel about them. The miracle man really doesn't shine too well in this style of music but more in death metal imo.

Cremated

Reaction score
The D-Activators sounded better in the majority of the parts. The Bare Knuckles sounded a LOT better in that last little run, at the end of the song.

XxSilverburstDiezelxX

Audio Engineer
Reaction score
Wasn't a huge fan of the rhythm parts, but the lead work was absolutely profound and mesmerizing. The bareknuckle's and the dimazio's had a lot of clarity. But I wish I could have heard some After math, D activator comparison. Thanks for taking the time to post!

Daken1134

Reaction score
Thanks guys. im actually going to put the Miracle Man set up for sale soon. also already working on 2 more pickup comparison videos

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
PHENOMINAL playing man! I really liked the d-activators myself, and Ive already owned a set of MMs for my old 2228 and liked them so that's saying something. I had a question I thought about posting, but I may get what I'm looking for here so: do you know of a pickup that's pretty close to the crunchlab, but for an 8? the CL is easily my favorite 6 string pickup, but I havn't had any experience with the DA8s and havn't found that particular sound in a BKP yet. If you've ever played a CL before, I'd appreciate any advice you could give. Thanks man, and again, sweet vid!

Latest posts

')