8 String: Strings, brands? prices? websites? etc

• Thread starter Itsmychapel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Itsmychapel

Reaction score
my band is moving up from 7s to 8s but we find strings to be our only dilema currently, anyone have any suggestions on brands, websites, prices, and anything related? help is very much appreciated:)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

proto

Reaction score
i tune my interceptor 28.625 to eaeadgbe - at first i used ghs .080 and .060 on the lowest strings, but man the low e string gets really dull quickly. i switched to elixer bass strings .080 and .060 singles from juststrings.com and the low e string is snappy and clear.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
D'addario website and Strings Direct sort me out with any gauge I need (I don't play 8 but I do use a 70 gauge, and will be able to get the 80 and 007 on these websites when I get my 9 string.

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
If you give me a few days I'll have something special ready for everybody at SS.Org that involves getting you guys strings.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
Those LaBella strings are a little too thin for me.

I use an Ernie Ball 7 string set with the addition of an .80

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
I'm intrigued....
The thing I was planning on doing wouldn't of helped you cause you're not in the US, but after talking to the powers that be I might have something else going on that will be even better and it'll be good for everybody everywhere. It looks right now like it'll include any custom gauges as long as you buy a minimum amount of sets (6 sets), as well as normal production ones... gonna need a few days to iron out the details and stock up on the production sizes though but I wanted to do something special for the Thanksgiving/Christmas season.
:wavey:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ sounds cool, looking forward to hearing what you come up with, but post updates to the dealer section.