8 string through bass cab?

• Thread starter FacelessUnknown
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Bugera 6262 and i was wondering if i can play my eight string through a 4x10 Acoustic bass cab without harming any speakers. Has anyone tried this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
It'll work but it'll be very bass heavy with a lot of high end fizz if your cab does have a tweeter. I wouldn't recommend it if it's a guitar sound you're after...

Reaction score
I tried with the tweeter off, and it sounded pretty ok. Its something else, thats for sure! Anyone else try this yet?

Cuda

Macross Music Maniac
Reaction score
I've been jamming out my 7s on a bass amp for the past month. No problem at all.

devil

ร๏ภ ๏Ŧ tђє รאรtє๓
Reaction score
around here (portland) there are a few bands that do this

most common teknique is to run a 5150 into an ampeg 8x10

granted that is a 2nd guitarist playing rhythm only but it sounds like a volcano exploding

Nofear

Reaction score
Yeah dude thats completely fine, Its just you dont want to be doing that the other way around (bass to guitar amp) :lol:

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Yeah dude thats completely fine, Its just you dont want to be doing that the other way around (bass to guitar amp) :lol:

You can do that, too. It's fairly common for getting some dirty bass tones. Or did you mean that you shouldn't plug a bass amp into a guitar cab? Yeah, don't do that unless you're running the volume really low.

')