8 string under 1000 euros

• Thread starter UnafraidCookie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello , guys ! I'm looking for the best 8 string under 1000 euros(in europe). I chose this price range for the following reason : If I go above 1000 euros I can go make a custom at a well known custom guitar shop(RAN , mayones , blackmachine etc.) , so hit me with the best options :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
tbh for that low a price you're not going to get anything decent, I don't know if something like this is any good http://www.thomann.de/de/schecter_omen_8_walnut.htm , possibly OK for a high A tuning
The best you can hope for near 1000 is something like the LTD 608 ESP L SC608B BLK

Otherwise Rondo music's Agile guitars, but that comes with a whole host of other issues when ordering in Europe.

Cdub

Reaction score
I recently bought an ltd h-208 for 400 USD. It's not a BAD GUITAR, but everything they say is true. The pickups lack the high end cut, and the short scale length makes the high frets cramped...but the transition from 6 to 8 opened new worlds for me. I love it, but I know what I want different in the future. The reason I got it - simple enough. I wanted an 8 string! I considered the Schecter omen 8, but I'm an ESP/LTD guy. Solid, heavy guitar, whole new range of playing in any fret board position. Day 2 - trying some rakes : 3 strings....5 strings... Full 8 string sweep! I think it's totally worth it for one's first erg. It's just not my dream guitar.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Used RG2228.

Custom Mayo for just over 1000€? You're missing a factor of about three there...

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
Hello , guys ! I'm looking for the best 8 string under 1000 euros(in europe). I chose this price range for the following reason : If I go above 1000 euros I can go make a custom at a well known custom guitar shop(RAN , MAYONES , BLACKMACHINE etc.) , so hit me with the best options :shred:

You're not getting those 2 at just a little above 1000 euros. Probably like x2-3 for a Mayo, and x4-6 for a BM. :nono:

You CAN grab a Ran 8 at a little above 1000 euro, you should probably save up for one if you can.

But to keep it under your price point, I'd suggest an RGA8 with a pickup swap. Most likely used so you'd have options for your pickup swaps.

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
LTD H-308 or H-338, I heard good things about the 308 (neck heel on the 338 being bulky, smooth on the 308)

Reaction score
I'll probably go for an RGA-8 with lundgrens or the RAN . I was only reffering to the RAN as a little over 1000 , the others are only if I would really care to spend that much.

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
I'll probably go for an RGA-8 with lundgrens or the RAN . I was only reffering to the RAN as a little over 1000 , the others are only if I would really care to spend that much.

I'd go for the Ran, you'd have a bit more options than the RGA8 with it.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Buy a used one? :shrug: If you've never played one an Agile would be an awesome first pass.

')