8 string under 700 euros?

• Thread starter 888
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
After around nine months of being my main guitar, I'm done with the Rg8. The weak neck, intonation problems, and poorly thought out bridge have been driving me insane and after not being able to find a replacement for a broken nut I'm looking elsewhere. Does anyone know of any 8 under 700 euros better than the Agile Intrepid that I don't want to import, but is the best option right now? I don't care about pickups since I have a set of Dimarzios on hand, as long as they're passive mounts (I don't feel like putting passives in active mounts again). I'd also be willing to go down to 7 strings if there really are no good options and importing Agiles is as bad of an idea as some people say.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Masoo2

Reaction score
Could probably find a Schecter Banshee 8 (or a few of their other models) for that price.

Tom Drinkwater

ERG/ERB Builder
Reaction score
I like the rg8 alot for its quality to value ratio but found the schecter Demon to be pretty nice as well for a little more $. Many budget 8's have those active routs though. What is the issue with importing Agile guitars? Import tax? I would look at the Ibanez S8 personally as I'm a giant fan of the S model in general.

Go To Bed Jessica

Reaction score
What is the issue with importing Agile guitars?

From Agile's own website.

Orders shipped outside the USA and Canada have no warranty and are not refundable.

Bit of a gamble to order one, especially given Agile's approach to quality control (ie. let the customer deal with it).

If OP has a friend who lives in the US and could take delivery and check it out/return if needed, then that could be an option.

vick1000

Reaction score
Do not go Agile outside North America, too risky.

Take a look at the Jackson X series, and the Washburn Solar PX-180-C.

RuslanK

Reaction score
Pay yet attention to the used Ibanez RGA8. There are variants with upgrades pickups.

Mangle

Breaker
Reaction score
I've seen the Thomann website enough times to know it's got the European crowd covered when it comes to 8's. They've got LTD, Jackson & Schecter all in your price range. All the usual suspects one hears about in these parts.

Reaction score
I've looked and there doesn't seem be an 8 I'm interested in within my price range. It looks like I'll be stepping back down to 6 strings.

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
I've looked and there doesn't seem be an 8 I'm interested in within my price range. It looks like I'll be stepping back down to 6 strings.

Boo... don't throw the towel in yet!!

What are you "ideally" looking for in an 8?

I see the problems in the OP... but could it just of been a lemon you got initially? I know that will turn tastes sour rather quickly, but that IMO not a reason to just say "fvck it...".

By personal experience, the RG8 I received (at a SEVERELY discounted price) is amazing. I cannot believe I found an 8 like this at that price point.

Just trying to provoke thought / discussion!

Latest posts

')