8 string universe-- uv88mc?

• Thread starter ahull123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AnarchyDivine88

Reaction score
I was just at the Farmington Valley guitar show today where this guitar was featured.

The pictures aren't very good, because I was using a crappy point-and-shoot camera, but this thing looks soooo nice in person. I wanted to play it so badly, but he said I would have to ask the owner. I came back to their booth a few minutes later and they told me you were there a second ago and I just missed you. :wallbash:

Who did you have put the bridge together? I would love to have an 8 string floyd made.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ahull123

Reaction score
Too bad we missed each other.... Mr. Eckart (Herbert) of Eckart MFG in Bridgeport welded the trems (make sure they are steel) he is a machinist first and as the alignment is critical his accuracy really helped, he made a jig to repeat the process, he machined the sustain block as well. Mr Eckart is an awesome guy. I had the trem block chromed right around the corner at spec plating, and chem tron of danbury did the powder coating, the owner Mike is another great guy he went the mile with me as the parts were very hard to powder coat. and he now has 5 lbs of the neon powder coating material....
Thanks for kind words, it is great to get some feedback, I put a lot of myself into the guitar, and it is nice that you took the time to give it a look.
If your ever headed to danbury send me a PM and I will get "it" to the guitar shop (hot Rod 6 Strings), and you can give it a go. Chris was nervous about letting anyone try it, we just finished assembling it last night at about 10 PM...... we finished the case about an hour before that, it was like one of those reality TV shows....LOL Chris was assembling like 3 guitars at once......

AnarchyDivine88

Reaction score
Too bad we missed each other.... Mr. Eckart (Herbert) of Eckart MFG in Bridgeport welded the trems (make sure they are steel) he is a machinist first and as the alignment is critical his accuracy really helped, he made a jig to repeat the process, he machined the sustain block as well. Mr Eckart is an awesome guy. I had the trem block chromed right around the corner at spec plating, and chem tron of danbury did the powder coating, the owner Mike is another great guy he went the mile with me as the parts were very hard to powder coat. and he now has 5 lbs of the neon powder coating material....
Thanks for kind words, it is great to get some feedback, I put a lot of myself into the guitar, and it is nice that you took the time to give it a look.
If your ever headed to danbury send me a PM and I will get "it" to the guitar shop (hot Rod 6 Strings), and you can give it a go. Chris was nervous about letting anyone try it, we just finished assembling it last night at about 10 PM...... we finished the case about an hour before that, it was like one of those reality TV shows....LOL Chris was assembling like 3 guitars at once......

Cool, thanks for the info about the bridge. And thanks for the kind offer to try it out, I'll let you when I'll be in the area. Seems like you put a lot of thought into this thing, and this guitar didn't go unnoticed, people kept crowding around the hot rod booth and gazing at it. I heard this one guy say "How many strings is that?! Like...10?!" :lol:

They should make a reality show about luthiers. Now THAT is an interesting concept that I would actually watch...unlike a bunch of people making cakes. :lol:

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
holy shit.. the case! icing on the cake, amazing attention to detail!

ahull123

Reaction score
I was just at the Farmington Valley guitar show today where this guitar was featured.

*Pics

[/U]The pictures aren't very good, because I was using a crappy point-and-shoot camera, but this thing looks soooo nice in person. I wanted to play it so badly, but he said I would have to ask the owner. I came back to their booth a few minutes later and they told me you were there a second ago and I just missed you. :wallbash:

Who did you have put the bridge together? I would love to have an 8 string floyd made.

thanks for posting these pics I haven't had time to get some new pics, soon though.

ShiftKey

SS.org irregular
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the neck missing its volute? or did you remove it?

bloody great guitar, heres hoping that will be copied by ibanez for the anniversary 8 string rg when it comes of age!

also it goes without saying if SS still did guitar of the month you would win for at least a few years ^^

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score
You need to take a high-res picture of this in cool lighting so I can set it as my desktop background.

ahull123

Reaction score
You need to take a high-res picture of this in cool lighting so I can set it as my desktop background.

I am picking it up this afternoon, photos to follow.... and thanks everyone for taking a look and the nice words, everyone involved worked really hard to make it a reality and it is nice that the work is appreciated by others.

')