8 string universe-- uv88mc?

• Thread starter ahull123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ahull123

Reaction score
I hear you on him quitting. :(

I felt fortunate everything worked out the way it did for me time wise, or I would have missed the boat. That would have been a bummer. The whole project to me is based on the swirl, and my options would have been very limited without Alan.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ahull123

Reaction score
Too bad OOTS is going out-of-biz, but an 8-String Swirled UV is a fantastic LAST project!

Yeah, I was hoping to be the last one.... but that wasn't possible because he was unsure about the weather, I guess he can't swirl when it gets too cold there and he didn't want to risk not getting it done, as this project has been going on for about 2 years now, and he knows how important it is to me.

on another note I think I settled on a name for this guitar thanks to another member here. I think I am going to call it the "multiverse" what do you guys think? Universe doesn't fully capture it... I think it needs to be broader in scope ..:lol:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Yeah, I was hoping to be the last one.... but that wasn't possible because he was unsure about the weather, I guess he can't swirl when it gets too cold there and he didn't want to risk not getting it done, as this project has been going on for about 2 years now, and he knows how important it is to me.

on another note I think I settled on a name for this guitar thanks to another member here. I think I am going to call it the "multiverse" what do you guys think? Universe doesn't fully capture it... I think it needs to be broader in scope ..:lol:

I toyed with naming one of my guitars that at one point. But you win. :lol:

ahull123

Reaction score
a Christmas present from OOTS, more pics!!!

andysliz8.jpg

Swirled headstock to match!!!!!!!

securedownload.jpg

securedownload-2.jpg

securedownload-1.jpg

Mordecai

Reaction score
im pretty sure this gives me a boner, make one in hard tail and i'd LOVE IT.

ahull123

Reaction score
Insane! Who did the fret board? Is it a combo of pyramid vine plus dna?

ET Guitars did it, Ernie did a great job. It's a pyramid/DNA blended together, on steroids, and exposed to a lethal amount of Gamma Radiation. :lol:
Better pics will be coming pretty soon.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Don't wanna be a jerk, but gamma radiation is only harmful if it somehow gets into your system, otherwise it doesn't get past your skin ;)

EDIT: jus' sayin'

')