8 string universe-- uv88mc?

• Thread starter ahull123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sevenstringer37

Reaction score
Well, took a while but I have the Perle body, put all the hardware on it. Looks way better in person. Heres a quick camera phone picture. Sorry to hijack the thread!
Photo0279.jpg

ahull123

Reaction score
Well, took a while but I have the Perle body, put all the hardware on it. Looks way better in person. Heres a quick camera phone picture. Sorry to hijack the thread!
Photo0279.jpg

looks awesome, but sticker inlays..... It is sweet looking congrats... I should be done next year...LOL

ahull123

Reaction score
BUMP - sup with the rest of these?

I am waiting for the body and neck to come back from Uk, Alan is putting the barrier coat and it had to dry a bit before it ships and then it is full speed ahead, not much by the way of progress at the moment, I am working on another project while I am waiting, it's a 7 string sticker'd green meanie with a sustainer, and jem body routings.... guitar stuff seems to take forever if you don't do the work yourself.

ahull123

Reaction score
Well at long last, everything is on track to be finished in the next few weeks, I sent the body out for clear coating and the mounting of the fretboard. There is a local guitar show here in Farmington CT on March 31st, and my luthier wants to show it there (If there is anybody nearby in CT who wants to see it), so I will post some finished pics towards the end of March.

AnarchyDivine88

Reaction score
Well at long last, everything is on track to be finished in the next few weeks, I sent the body out for clear coating and the mounting of the fretboard. There is a local guitar show here in Farmington CT on March 31st, and my luthier wants to show it there (If there is anybody nearby in CT who wants to see it), so I will post some finished pics towards the end of March.

YES!! Dude I am SO there!! Thanks for posting that. I didn't even know we had anything like that in CT!

ahull123

Reaction score
I'm down for that too; seeing this work of magic in person will be great!

I appreciate the support, it is cool to know I am not the only one who likes this style of guitars, it took a while but it is almost there. Let me know what you guys think when you see it, and thanks!! also, let Chris (the magician from hot rod 6 strings who made this possible) know you're from the site and I will tell him to let you guys try it out, otherwise he told me he is not going to let anyone near it (too hard to fix if something goes bad, LOL)...

ahull123

Reaction score
I just figured I would post an update, no guitar photos, that will have to wait, but I had a stand done.... it is neon pink, matches the guitar.... it's all about accessories.... LOL
Guitar is moving along, I will formally thank everyone later, but the guys I have worked with have made this a lot of fun, and I am very excited now that the end is in sight, it has been 2 long years, roughly 3 if you count the planning stages so far, but this is turning out way better than I ever hoped.

DSCN0623.jpg

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
That stand is pretty awesome haha.
Where did you go to get it painted?

Lirtle

Reaction score
That stand is hysterical in the best way possible. I fucking love this project.

ahull123

Reaction score
That stand is pretty awesome haha.
Where did you go to get it painted?

it's actually powder coated, it's neon pink although the pics do it no justice, it is almost a spot on match to the swirl pink in the body.
Just wanted to be different....

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I am keen on getting the control knobs from a couple of my guitars powder coated, I want some fluoro hardware, but I'm not really a fan of those tophat knobs

ahull123

Reaction score
I am keen on getting the control knobs from a couple of my guitars powder coated, I want some fluoro hardware, but I'm not really a fan of those tophat knobs

the guy I worked with had to order it so I ended up buying a 5lb box/bag, but it is really bright in person, I would get some metal ones and have them coated, they are very durable and unlike the paint they won't wear off.

')