8 string universe-- uv88mc?

• Thread starter ahull123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jzbass25

Reaction score
I came lol

Btw how did you get the tremolo colored (I figured powder coating), is there someone that does it? Same for the case, I've been wanting to replace an old beat up case with some crazy, who did you use?

Also again, I'm happy you went with my title "Multiverse" I feel like I contributed to something glorious and I see others like the multiverse logo a lot too! haha

ahull123

Reaction score
I came lol

Btw how did you get the tremolo colored (I figured powder coating), is there someone that does it? Same for the case, I've been wanting to replace an old beat up case with some crazy, who did you use?

Also again, I'm happy you went with my title "Multiverse" I feel like I contributed to something glorious and I see others like the multiverse logo a lot too! haha

re trem: powder coating, local guy, chem tron in danbury.... mike was really nice to work with
re case: a guy at hot rod 6 strings built it (Chris Mansa) he is a former cabinet maker and his attention to detail is amazing.
re logo: the name fit the project, so why not run with it... and thanks for the name BTW, the whole thing just works......

Jzbass25

Reaction score
re trem: powder coating, local guy, chem tron in danbury.... mike was really nice to work with
re case: a guy at hot rod 6 strings built it (Chris Mansa) he is a former cabinet maker and his attention to detail is amazing.
re logo: the name fit the project, so why not run with it... and thanks for the name BTW, the whole thing just works......

Thanks man! Everything about this guitar is amazing, I definitely would love to powder coat a trem of mine and same for having a wild case. :yesway:

I agree the name fits well and it looks even sweeter in the "universe" font on the headstock. I can't take full credit for the name since I was watching some Nova science at the same time I saw your 8 string UV idea, I say Neil deGrasse Tyson gets a good majority of the credit haha. :lol:

I can't wait to see it in action man! :shred:

sleightest

Reaction score
Just read this whole thread. That is the most beautiful guitar I have ever seen. Im a huge JEM/VAI/Universe/8string fan and this is all of that amazingly crafted into one perfect guitar. Well done sir. :hbang:

ahull123

Reaction score
Just read this whole thread. That is the most beautiful guitar I have ever seen. Im a huge JEM/VAI/Universe/8string fan and this is all of that amazingly crafted into one perfect guitar. Well done sir. :hbang:

Thanks, that was what I was going for. The guitar is apart again that is why there aren't more photos. We are cleaning up some loose ends left over from the rush from before the show.

ahull123

Reaction score
just an update, the trem block was made with the wrong dimensions so travel was restricted, we just received the new one back from the machinist and I am happy to say it is much better, I should have some pics tomorrow.

ahull123

Reaction score
you need to tweet pics of this to mr vai. seriously.

I am going to do better (I hope), I have backstage tickets for a meet and greet, when he plays a local venue 20 minutes from here in september, I hope I can get him to autograph it. We'll see what their policy is.

The new trem block has been installed and it works perfectly, it has a lot of range when pullling sharp, (the other block was too big and had limited travel) The next step is to install the gotoh black boxes, make a couple minor tweeks and I should be bringing it home by early next week.

Reaction score
I am going to do better (I hope), I have backstage tickets for a meet and greet, when he plays a local venue 20 minutes from here in september, I hope I can get him to autograph it. We'll see what their policy is.

The new trem block has been installed and it works perfectly, it has a lot of range when pullling sharp, (the other block was too big and had limited travel) The next step is to install the gotoh black boxes, make a couple minor tweeks and I should be bringing it home by early next week.

:holy::wub::cheers::minions:

This came out amazing man. Holy shit!!! I think it would have looked better more authentic with the black trem, tuners and lock nut, but it's by far the most incredible thing I've seen yet!! Awesome job. I can't wait to see how your others turn out as well. If they come out like this one, the only word to describe them will be...

EPIC!!!

ahull123

Reaction score
I picked it up today, Chris did an awesome job!!!! Plays like a dream. pics of Chris w/ it.

20120714_140358.jpg

20120714_140818.jpg

')